Where I've Been

Talk about anything here.

Where I've Been

Postby An Adam » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:54 am

I've heard there's been talk, but I don't know - see I haven't been coming here much. A check of the 12 Horsemen board now and then and of course cause 'Tallica has a new album.

Here's what's up. I've got time, not the desire.

There was a time when I was the only poster here. Laird got this place and was at the other. I wasn't.

Laird was going to let the domain expire, I said give it a few weeks.

He did.

We'd be at a proboard without me, everyone seems to remember that but Laird. This is "his" board. Goodie for him.

But the truth is I was a big part of making this place, and a big part of not letting it die. Everyone knows that but Laird.

It has nothing to do with karma, or my schedule. Like I said, I have the time. It has to do with Laird coming correct. He wants the credit - take it. But the blame is his, too. Blame him for me being gone.

Who know's when I'll get drunk again to read this again, so don't waste your time. Laird's the immortal on this... there can be only one. And I'm not hard to find after all these years.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Re: Where I've Been

Postby thelaird » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:30 am

Listen, I understand you were drunk when you wrote this, but if you really need to hear it, then fine. You're a big part of this community and it's obviously not the same without you. I really don't have any problem admitting that.

That said, not a single thing in that post is true and if you really want to turn this into a me vs. you thing, then that's on you, not me.
thelaird

Postby Vandy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:56 am

I really hope you come back TA...i think the signle biggest hit this community took from the standpoint of losing and interesting user is when Frankeybonez left...if you never came back that would definatley top that IMO.

With that said there is a little revisionist history that gets thrown around from time to time that i would like to chime in on. The single biggest reason we are not still on a proboard is because Laird has been an extremely charitable host. You know i was a big player in that fiasco and im man enough to admit i was 120% percent wrong about Laird but with that said another big reason we are not at a proboard and maybe the biggest reason is Mark. Both disgruntled factions had enough faith to put their trust in Mark at a tense time and it worked. We are not here because you made funny (yes very entertaining) posts to yourself while most everyone was at the proboard. You may think that but lets wake up from that fantasy.

With that said i hope you don't take offense to that because i would like to see you around alot more and if you decide not to stick around TA every member here loses IMO.
Image Image
Vandy

Postby Mark O » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 pm

The Adam wrote: there can be only one.

Why is that exactly?

And where is this revisionist history getting thrown around? The way I remember it, when the stupidity happened (which I will also echo Vandy's sentiment and say I was totally wrong on), you were out of the picture for a little bit and popped up there a few days later. Not that that really matters, there was a point when there was nothing going on at either board but you posting on the TA board. I don't think there's ever been a time when anybody's denied or tried to revise that.

You're a senior poster here, were the most active, and one of if not the most colorful. Any drooling idiot can recognize your importance here, maybe it was on the football or video game board or something where I missed it, but I don't think anybody has ever poo-poo'ed that.

But why does that downplay Laird's role at all? As the phpBB ubernoob, I get a closer look than most at the gears that function behind this place, and I can say pretty confidently that the show would be over without him also.

You can't have a pizza without the cheese, but you can't have it without the oven either. You neither hear either one complaining that the other gets too much credit. Of course, neither ovens nor cheeses can talk, and in general that's a pretty horrible metaphor, but you get what I'm getting at here.
Free shit. More free shit.
TheLaird wrote:Never had cancer, but I'm pretty sure I could no-hit the Royals if given a chance.
Mark O
Teh phpbb Ubern00b

Postby Zach » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Adam's post is what happens after you drink a bunch.

Mark's post is what happens when you post right before lunch.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Zach

Postby jeff » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Wow, dude, talk about smearing period blood.
jeff

Postby Inspecta » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:38 pm

jeff wrote:Wow, dude, talk about smearing period blood.

:facts:

Go back to watching sex in the city while jacking off you fag....
Dan from Norco is on his way to kill me right now...
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Ryan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 pm

yo, i like adam and all that, but fuckin a dude, stop making it sound like you made this place, that place, or that anyone should really give that much of a shit whether you post or not. im one of the ones that actually like you, but i promise you i havent lost any sleep about it.

Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby Jellis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:18 pm

it just seems a bit sad to need a message board to give you vindication
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby Meng » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 am

Adam, this is really weak. You're making yourself look like a bigger pussy than AlexR.
Meng

Postby AlexR » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 am

AlexR wrote:If that's true then he's a bitch. People who need to be patted on the back all the time and have their dick sucked with "Oh, you're sooo important to this community" or "we can't survive without you" are bitches. Plain and simple.
The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Alex » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:12 am

The Adam wrote:It has nothing to do with karma

You should've let everyone think it was. Would've made you look like less of a pussy.
Alex

Postby Meng » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:32 am

If only we still had those appreciation threads. None of this would've ever happened if we just had an Adam appreciation thread.
Meng

Postby An Adam » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:21 am

I didn't read the long posts... just the short ones. (i ready vandy's first paragraph or so)

By now, you have to know that I don't care what anyone thinks of me? No one knows me as well as I do, so that's all irrelevant. You have no idea how big of an attention whore I am.

"but you care that laird..." again, you're reading wrong. It's not what I think about me, or I think about Laird. It's what Laird thinks about Laird.

I do take umbrage with the claims of revisionism, but that's nothing that stops me from doing anything. I'm around if anyone has anything to say to me, otherwise my curiosity on the replies has been satiated....atleast for today, though I wouldn't count on me being here much regardless.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby raymeaux » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:13 am

Hey TA, what up dawg...ain't been seeing ya 'round here lately. What's been shakin homeslice? What's da word on da skreet? What's the 411 on TA? What flavor of Kool Aid you been drinkin?

Ya heard?
raymeaux

Next

Return to General Board