Musical Kids

Talk about anything here.

Musical Kids

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:09 am

The kids have been fabulous, so I told them I would get them a prize. Without missing a beat, they asked for guitars. UGH! I don't know a damn thing about musical instruments and wouldn't have the first clue what to start them out with. No, they will not be happy with a toy. Is it best to start with acoustic? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance.

P.S. I'm not looking to spend a fortune. This is something like I had in mind if we go with electric: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BEHGPACKII
Lisa

Re: Musical Kids

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:10 am

Lisa wrote:The kids have been fabulous, so I told them I would get them a prize. Without missing a beat, they asked for guitars. UGH! I don't know a damn thing about musical instruments and wouldn't have the first clue what to start them out with. No, they will not be happy with a toy. Is it best to start with acoustic? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance.

P.S. I'm not looking to spend a fortune. This is something like I had in mind if we go with electric: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BEHGPACKII

my advice: wait for this idea to pass. more likely than not they'll play it for a week and then forget about it and you will have wasted money. they'll get over it
Steve

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:01 pm

Yeah, i wanted a guitar when i was like 13, i learned a few songs, and then i sold it to a friend.

If they're really serious, these are some good deals..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=516970
Built in amp so it's more portable, would be good for the kids, and for a pretty cheap price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=519750

Good package deal for a starting guitar..

Musicians friend is definitly the way to go if you're going to get one, they've always got the best deals..
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:04 pm

Oh, and acoustic would probably be better for them, as they wouldn't need an amp and would be able to take it around everywhere, i missed that in your first post. Let me finda few cheap ones..

Here ya go, $40 bucks, acoustic in black, red, or blue. Here's a review on this acoustic..

Jan 13, 2006 - My seven-year-old daughter asked for a guitar for Christmas. "Not a toy, Mom," she was careful to tell me. "A real guitar, so I can take lessons." After a lot of searching (and outright rejection of that toy-like thing First Act passes off as a starter guitar), I ordered this one on faith. We love it. The finish is nicer than I expected, the sound is great, and it's the perfect size for a growing kid. The action's maybe a little rough and the strings that come with the instrument are godawful, but that's an easy fix. My daughter has strummed, plucked, and carried this guitar all over the house, and it has mostly held pitch. I'm very impressed. For the money, you can't go wrong if you're looking for a kids' starter instrument. Highly recommended.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=519266
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:32 pm

Dan RULES wrote:
Here ya go, $40 bucks, acoustic in black, red, or blue. Here's a review on this acoustic..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=519266

Perfection! I told them that if they are really interested in learning to play it and aren't just hitting each other with it, I would get them an electric this summer. D wants Randy's Sandoval Flying V. lmao! He'd better get damn good in a hurry, join a band, tour, and earn some cash of his own if he expects anything like in this lifetime.

Thanks, hon. That's fabulous.
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Okay, next question. How hard is it to learn? They want to learn to play St. Jimmy and Holiday. Green Day plays 2 or 3 chords? They should have that down by Tuesday, no? ;)
Lisa

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:49 am

Lisa wrote:Okay, next question. How hard is it to learn? They want to learn to play St. Jimmy and Holiday. Green Day plays 2 or 3 chords? They should have that down by Tuesday, no? ;)

You can find tabs online that are MUCH easire to learn then chords, at least I thought so..
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:36 am

Dan RULES wrote:
Lisa wrote:Okay, next question. How hard is it to learn? They want to learn to play St. Jimmy and Holiday. Green Day plays 2 or 3 chords? They should have that down by Tuesday, no? ;)

You can find tabs online that are MUCH easire to learn then chords, at least I thought so..

The kid has the tabs for Crazy Train. Mighty f*n ambitious for a 10 year old. lol!
Lisa

Re: Musical Kids

Postby An Adam » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:03 am

Cunt bump.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Return to General Board