My life in Comedy....

Talk about anything here.

Re: My life in Comedy....

Postby Inspecta » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 am

Haha, thanks Ren. I didn't think you were, but this is the "Fix" so who knows sometimes.

And check this out...

Well I got my first paying gig last Saturday. Well last Thurs, the host couldn't make it so the club owner asked me to host, apparently he really liked how I handled the show/room cause he asked me to host for Ian Salmon the headliner. So Saturday was my first show in front of a paying crowd and I did really well. Surprisingly well.

It's kinda a big deal cause now I'm technically a professional comic. I know, it's kinda cheesy cause it was only 25 bucks, but still it was a big deal for me cause it validated all the work I've been doing for the past 4 months.

Anyway, just figured I'd share. Oh and the club owner wants me to host again this thurs. I might have found a niche
Dan from Norco is on his way to kill me right now...
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby andrew » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:52 am

if you enjoyed doing it for free, getting paid is just a bonus
andrew

Postby Inspecta » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:24 am

Absolutely Drew, I love doing this.

However, I'd like to get to the point where I can do this for a living. I'm not talking about fame and fortune and movies and all that BS. Just a living, I don't care if it's only 40K a year or something like that. If I can get to that point, I'll never doing anything else for the rest of my life...
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Inspecta » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:10 am

Oh and I forgot to post this...

Last Sunday I did a gig at an (I shit you not) art gallery. It was a show to raise money for a little girl with Leukemia. The crowd was def on the snooty side, but I think my charm won them over. You have probably heard most of this material, but the reaction of the crowd at some of these jokes is priceless.

Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Inspecta » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Wow, it's been a while since I posted anything.

I've been doing my regular comedy thing. Got my first paid gig. Got $100 bucks for a 30 minute set, so that's not too shabby. I hosted the Cape Fear Comedy Festival, and I'm doing extra work on local films (we have a studio here in wilmington. Matlock, Dawsons Creek and One Tree hill are notable shows filmed here). It sounds nice, but I've only made about 300 bucks total with everything. But I'm having fun, and I'm getting closer to doing this for a living, which is my only real goal.

Here's a couple of snippets from my last show.

The difference between black and white kids

Give it to God
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Previous

Return to General Board