My life in Comedy....

Talk about anything here.

Re: My life in Comedy....

Postby Inspecta » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:04 am

Holy shit some actual legit feedback, thanks adam.

Yeah I did have a second lyric for that joke, and it was "your moms wishing your souls at rest, but it's hard to digest with the size of the hole in your chest" but for some reason I completely blanked on it. Also, I was jacked up on red bull and aderoll, you can tell by the way I'm pacing.

You said the art of stand up is evading me, just curious did you watch the other videos as well? Because last week's set I killed it. Not that I'm trying to say I'm the shit, hell no, I got a long way to go. They say it takes on average 7 years for a stand up comedian to find his true "voice" on stage, so I'm gonna keep working at it. This is honestly the most fun I've had doing anything this hard in my life. If I ever did get somebody to pay me to do this I'd never do anything else for the rest of my life.

I'll be in West Palm Beach next weekend at an open mic at The Improv, should be interesting. I've only played this local club here in Wilmington. Can't wait to see a south fla crowd.
Dan from Norco is on his way to kill me right now...
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Ren » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:40 am

This is monumentally better than your first couple outings. The reason I didn't comment before was because I didn't really have anything nice to say, and it was uncomfortable to watch. The nervous pacing and holding onto the mic wire as if it were a blanket was a good sign that maybe you are anxious, although it was kind of endearing too. The cosigner joke is a good one, and I thought the bob joke was good as well. You might try working on your nigger impersonation a bit. Other than that, a very solid effort.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:22 pm

You just weren't setting up the jokes, and flowing. It was Joke to joke to joke. Maybe it's just cause it's a 5 minute set, and you have to cram it all in.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:27 am

definitely need more rhythm, too many awkward pauses, the coathanger joke was a good one, you need to add some fat jokes into your repertroir dude. I guarantee you would kill it if you made fun of yourself being fat, start bitching about society not being fat friendly, roller coasters, movie theaters, airplanes, to name a few...
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby dougiejays » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 pm

fwiw, I didn't think your stage presence was bad at all. I thought of K Smith at his university lecture, which is awesome shit but not so much ha-ha funny as just weird and interesting to listen to. Haven't listened to your newest posting yet, got no headphones here, but all I'd say is just ramp up the funny. (easy to say.)
.363 - Jays blog
dougiejays

Postby andrew » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:29 am

Inspecta wrote:Here ya go fags, more of my standup comedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zB4uqZ3lkc

Suck it

Just watched this one, your delivery was a lot better than the first one. You are definitely getting better at this.
andrew

Postby AlexR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:25 am

Still fucking sucks.

Sorry, everyone was being too nice.
The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Inspecta » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 pm

AlexR wrote:Still fucking sucks.

Perhaps I should regal them with a tale about a guy I know who played the skin flute for the first time while looking at a bikini picture of some skank. Think that would work onstage?
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Inspecta » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 pm

The open mic nights are so popular we got another club doing open mic nights on Wed nights, and the great thing about this one is that there is no time limit. I did 15 minutes last night it was awesome!! The difference is night and day when you don't have to keep your mind on a clock. I didn't record it, but I'll be sure to record next week.
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby WebHead » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:00 pm

That's just a comedy gold mine right there.

Inspecta wrote:
AlexR wrote:Still fucking sucks.

Perhaps I should regal them with a tale about a guy I know who played the skin flute for the first time while looking at a bikini picture of some skank. Think that would work onstage?
WebHead

Postby dougiejays » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:53 pm

what happened to lisa?
.363 - Jays blog
dougiejays

Postby An Adam » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Ran off with the one armed man.
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby thelaird » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:41 am

It's not that I'm really surprised that you guys are assholes, but to totally rip into someone who's put balls out like Specta is pretty fucking cold. I'm not a big fan of stand up, but I have mad respect for anyone willing to get up on stage to make people laugh. I know you didn't post that expecting a big collective pat on the back, that's obviously not going to happen here. But definitely don't get discouraged. Good luck to ya.
thelaird

Postby An Adam » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:32 am

That's a lovely purse you have there, Laird.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Inspecta » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:55 am

No worries Laird, it's kinda par for the course with this group of guys, which is a pretty big reason why this board dissolved into 7 dudes who all take turns trying to one up each other with how cool they are by pointing out how lame everything is around them.

With that being said, here's my set from last night....enjoy fuckers...

Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

PreviousNext

Return to General Board