Hey Meth, recognize this fella?

Talk about anything here.

Hey Meth, recognize this fella?

Postby Inspecta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:59 am

I dunno, he looks familiar, I think you said he'd be some faceless person in a crowd......

That was from the season premier of eastbound and down this past sunday. I got about 5 min total of screen time.

Next week I'll be featured in a rave scene wearing red spandex and a skeleton mask. You can't miss me.

And just for shits n' giggles I'll update you on what's been going on in comedy for me lately. March 3rd I'll be opening for Neal Brennan here in Wilmington. If the name isn't very familiar it should be. He only co wrote Half Baked and co-created the Chappelle show (yes, that Neal that dave is always talking about).

I was recently selected to perform in the 2012 Laughing for Life comedy benefit. It's a big deal, and a big show at one of our bigger venues in Wilmington. I'll be performing for about 500 people., my biggest show to date.

4th of July weekend I'll be opening for Todd Glass. He's another pretty big comedian who's been on Tosh.0 several times.

I also opened for Kyle Kinane at the tail end of last year.

Needless to say, I'm staying busy. I'm not making enough money yet where I can pay all my bills with it, but It's been a HUGE boost in our income, and I'm having a ball doing it.

Ok guys, now you can start hating....
Dan from Norco is on his way to kill me right now...
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Re: Hey Meth, recognize this fella?

Postby Ren » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 am

:)

Awesome man. Congrats you big galoot
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Inspecta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks dude. This past year has honestly been like a dream to me. I'm not sure who's up there giving me opportunity after opportunity, but I'm really grateful for all of this, and just have a shit ton of fun doing it.
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Ren » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:15 am

Inspecta wrote:Thanks dude. This past year has honestly been like a dream to me. I'm not sure who's up there giving me opportunity after opportunity, but I'm really grateful for all of this, and just have a shit ton of fun doing it.

You're working with Kenny Powers man. Kenny fucking god damn nigger Powers. Just incredible.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Inspecta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 am

Yeah dude, that first day of filming when Danny stepped out of that house, I'll admit I was star struck for a few minutes, but in all honesty, that dude is super down to earth. If you get to watch the episode, you'll see me with two boys, those are my sons. There is one brief scene where Kenny is behind a bush smoking a one hitter, and Christian runs up on him, he immediately tells him to "go" but they shot it several different ways, one of the times he actually had a line. But before they shot the scene. Danny introduced himself to Christian and said "Hey dude, now in this scene I might act really mad at you, or cuss at you, but we're just playing pretend. Don't go repeating those words.....except in church.....just kidding" Total class act. Put Christian at ease cause he was nervous because he wasn't sure what they were going to ask of him....
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Zach » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 am

Not to nitpick but being an extra on a show still leaves you as a "faceless person in the crowd". Well, maybe faceless doesn't work but nameless would.

Now that I'm done nitpicking. Good job man. It's good that you are getting to do things that you love and are having a ton of fun doing it. Wish I could say the same.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Zach

Postby Inspecta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Well, actually, because I had that much screen time I was bumped up to "featured extra" which gets a credit.

Party guest #1 baby!! Woot!

It's all good though Zach, if that's the extent of your nitpicking I can live with it.

And please guys don't misunderstand this as arrogant bragging, I'm literally in shock that from the time I stepped on stage for the first time in Dec 2010 till now, all the shit I've been able to do, and been a part of. It would be nice one day to pay my bills with jokes, but I honestly don't chase that and only that. Everything else just falls into place.
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Ren » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm

He seems like the type that would be a real dude.

So be honest here, Season 2 kind of tailed off and outside of Kenny Powers' dad it was a very weak season compared to S01. I'm sure you're a bit biased here for good reason, but how favorably would you say Season 3 compares to 1 & 2?
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Zach » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm

I don't think any of us see it as bragging. You're happy and you want to share your happiness. More power to you.

Hell, if I was an extra on an infomercial I'd probably share it with people I know online. Maybe not, but you get my point. You're having fun. Enjoy yourself and, hell, brag about it.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Zach

Postby Inspecta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Ren wrote:He seems like the type that would be a real dude.

So be honest here, Season 2 kind of tailed off and outside of Kenny Powers' dad it was a very weak season compared to S01. I'm sure you're a bit biased here for good reason, but how favorably would you say Season 3 compares to 1 & 2?

It's honestly very hard to say. I was in a ton of scenes, and 4 episodes total, however I don't have the complete picture, but from everything I saw, it was hilarious. It all depends on what they use, and what they cut. I knew shit doesn't make it off the cutting room floor, but after watching sundays episode I was amazed at how much was cut. In the birthday party scene there's some no name actress that has a small scene with Danny, well that got completely cut. OUCH!

Also, because Danny and Jody (Hill) wrote EBD, they can improve as much as they want, and Danny took full advantage of that. He rarely delivered the same lines twice. There was a general "gist" of what needs to be conveyed in the scene to move the plot a long , but Danny would riff constantly. So who knows what the finished product will be...
Inspecta
Chubby Chaser

Postby Jellis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:07 pm

pretty awesome thing to see, congrats man. And opening for Todd Glass is huge hard to get more respected then him in comedy circles. I got a lot of friends in comedy here in NYC, I help them develop jokes, but just don;'t have a cadence or rhythm for telling them well. So I respect anyone who can
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Return to General Board