Resident Evil 5 bitches

No n00bz allowed.

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Meng wrote:You overestimate the space needed for games.


No, I don't.

They compressed the hell out of MGS4, and even got rid of some language tracks (and some cutscenes I think), and it barely fit on the bluray disc.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:30 pm

They didn't compress the hell out of MGS4. That's the reason why it does take up basically an entire Blu Ray. Basically no PS3 games get compressed because the developers have the 50 GB of space. There's nothing special about MGS in terms of cut scenes and gameplay that couldn't be done on the 360 on 1 disc. Most games on the PS3 take up way more than 9 GBs but on the 360 don't even come close to 9.

Believe what you want though. If you want to be naive and believe that Blu Ray is needed and that Blu Ray means that the PS3 is way more powerful than the 360, than do it.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Meng wrote:They didn't compress the hell out of MGS4. That's the reason why it does take up basically an entire Blu Ray. Basically no PS3 games get compressed because the developers have the 50 GB of space. There's nothing special about MGS in terms of cut scenes and gameplay that couldn't be done on the 360 on 1 disc. Most games on the PS3 take up way more than 9 GBs but on the 360 don't even come close to 9.

Believe what you want though. If you want to be naive and believe that Blu Ray is needed and that Blu Ray means that the PS3 is way more powerful than the 360, than do it.




In an exclusive interview with Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid series, has made complains about 50GB BD not been sufficient. The Metal Gear Solid producer considers the Blu Ray disc too small and that they had to make compromises in order to put the game on the 50GB BD. According to Hideo, the programmers had to compress some parts in the game to save disc space.

Kojima : I am not satisfied with the quality yet, however...there isn't enough space.

Interviewer: Not enough space..on..Blu-ray..?

Kojima: Yes.(laughs). Not enough space.



You lose.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Ok, so they had to compress a little bit of the game. That really doesn't mean much. He wanted his game to be as perfect as possible so that's why he didn't want to compress it at all. If he wasn't such a perfectionist it could be compressed to fit on the 360. I'm fairly certain that games can be compressed as much as needed hence why games like DMC4 can take up 40 GBs on the PS3 but only 7 on the 360. The only thing that's really effected is the sound quality. It's barely even noticeable too.

I have nothing against the PS3 either. Thinking it's a better system because the games are better is smart. Thinking it's a better system because it uses Bluray is stupid.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:44 pm

You keep acting like you know what you're talking about. It's kinda funny.


Superior games is why I favor the PS3. And the games are superior because of bluray.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Games aren't superior because of Bluray. There's nothing that bluray adds that actually makes the games better. Discs don't add graphics or any of that shit to a game. All that stuff is based on what's inside the actual console. If you put a Wii game on a bluray disc, it's going to be the exact same.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:54 pm

If you say so man.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Ren » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Killface wrote:Superior games is why I favor the PS3.


I'd like to know what this statement is predicated on. Ratchet & Clank?
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:55 pm

ren wrote:
Killface wrote:Superior games is why I favor the PS3.


I'd like to know what this statement is predicated on. Ratchet & Clank?


90% God of War 3
10 % MGS4 / Shadow Of The Colossus 2 / FFXIII / All future Rockstar/GTA games


The fact that these games aren't all out yet doesn't matter to me at all. They will be, and I'm not really planning on buying a PS3 until God of War 3 comes out anyway.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that there aren't actually any Rockstar games that are out for the PS3 and not out for the 360. In fact, if you want GTA4, it'd be highly recommended to get the 360 version because it's going to have a ton of downloadable content that the PS3 version won't have.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:30 pm

Meng wrote:I'm pretty sure that there aren't actually any Rockstar games that are out for the PS3 and not out for the 360. In fact, if you want GTA4, it'd be highly recommended to get the 360 version because it's going to have a ton of downloadable content that the PS3 version won't have.


Notice I said "All future Rockstar/GTA games".

Washington (dbTechno) - According to reports, all future games from Rockstar beyond Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusive to the PS3. GTA IV is slated to release in April on the Xbox 360 and PS3, but that may be all the love Xbox 360 owners get from Rockstar.

They stated in a report in Play Magazine ‚ÄúThe game is both PS3 and 360, but Rockstar has suggested that all further game development is going to be PS3 exclusive.‚ÄĚ



And there's also this.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Obviously that's not true because Midnight Club: Los Angeles is coming out for the 360 in October. I doubt they'd make their games PS3 exclusive too because GTA4 sold much better on the 360 than the PS3.

Also, what games made by Rockstar do you even like. The only other good one I've played by them other than GTA is Bully.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Clearly talking to you about this is pointless.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Clearly, I just presented facts that you have no clue how to respond to.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby andrew » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:15 pm

Meng wrote:Clearly, I just presented facts that you have no clue how to respond to.



reported for being a dumbass
andrew
 
Posts: 4372
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron