Resident Evil 5 bitches

No n00bz allowed.

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:18 pm

andrew wrote:
Meng wrote:Clearly, I just presented facts that you have no clue how to respond to.



reported for being a dumbass


Reported for reporting me.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:53 pm

HOLY SHIT

Just saw the 360 press conference at E3 where they showed off a playable demo of RE5. Fucking Yes.

Official release date = March 13th, 2009



EDIT = http://livewire.ign.com/2008/e3/index.html

Using that linkage will probably just plug you into the live press conference. But you should be able to rewind back to catch the RE5 portion. It starts at the 10:42.00 mark. Gears Of War 2 is just getting started, if your into that.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Ren » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Thanks, I was wondering which hundredth of a second the demo started on.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:19 pm

It's all in the details.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby thelaird » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Gameplay vid:

http://kotaku.com/5033318/resident-evil-5-ps3-gameplay

I'm sure you fanboys will find it arousing, but I was pretty disappointed.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:19 pm

thelaird wrote:Gameplay vid:

http://kotaku.com/5033318/resident-evil-5-ps3-gameplay

I'm sure you fanboys will find it arousing, but I was pretty disappointed.


It's been established that you have shitty taste in games, so I'm hardly surprised that you found it unsatisfying.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby thelaird » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 am

Capcom Confirms Resident Evil 5 Controls Change

While he didn't go into any great detail about the changes, he did refer to them as "Gears-like" controls.

We've been hearing rumblings that the new controls will bring run-and-gun style play to Resident Evil ‚ÄĒ quite a big change for the traditional walk-stop-shoot RE approach.


Very good news, IMO.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby thelaird » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Meng wrote:Ok, so they had to compress a little bit of the game. That really doesn't mean much. He wanted his game to be as perfect as possible so that's why he didn't want to compress it at all. If he wasn't such a perfectionist it could be compressed to fit on the 360. I'm fairly certain that games can be compressed as much as needed hence why games like DMC4 can take up 40 GBs on the PS3 but only 7 on the 360. The only thing that's really effected is the sound quality. It's barely even noticeable too.

I have nothing against the PS3 either. Thinking it's a better system because the games are better is smart. Thinking it's a better system because it uses Bluray is stupid.


So it turns out 8 GB isn't enough, even if you're not Hideo Kojima. Hmm... imagine that.

http://kotaku.com/5050856/the-360-is-ho ... -rage-back

id have big, big plans for Rage! Or, they did have big, big plans. Plans they've had to cut back on so the game can be squeezed onto the 360. id's Tim Willits explains:

"The PC is limitless in the amount of data you can put on it. The PS3 has about 25GB. But the Xbox 360 roughly has 6 to 8 GB of data. We're hoping we can squeeze the game down to two discs for the 360 version."

As an example, Willits says that the game was originally meant to feature "several" wasteland areas. But because they wouldn't all fit on the 360, they had to cut the number of wastelands (on all versions) down to just two.


And before you say "well they should just add more discs"... Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, actively discourages multi-disc games by ramping up the royalties they charge for each disc past the first one.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:01 pm

Shortdicking a game simply so it can fit on the inferior 360 platform is fucking retarded.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Ren » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:22 am

Killface wrote:inferior 360 platform


sometimes you're so wrong it's sad.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Meng » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:40 am

Killface wrote:Shortdicking a game simply so it can fit on the inferior 360 platform is fucking retarded.


Shame on them for wanting to put it on a system where it will sell.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby thelaird » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:30 am

Meng wrote:
Killface wrote:Shortdicking a game simply so it can fit on the inferior 360 platform is fucking retarded.


Shame on them for wanting to put it on a system where it will sell.


You don't see them gimping the game so they can put it on the Wii, so why do it for XBox?
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Ren » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:45 am

thelaird wrote:
Meng wrote:
Killface wrote:Shortdicking a game simply so it can fit on the inferior 360 platform is fucking retarded.


Shame on them for wanting to put it on a system where it will sell.


You don't see them gimping the game so they can put it on the Wii, so why do it for XBox?


So it will sell?

We've already established that the Wii is a complete non-factor in these debates.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Ren » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 am

Duck and Laird's new home page.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Resident Evil 5 bitches

Postby Kenny Powers » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:11 am

Way to completely miss the obvious solution.

Make the game the way it's supposed to be and release it for all platforms that can handle it. Then pussify it for the pussies with the pussy consoles.


There's no reason to make PS3 owners suffer a shortdicked version of the game due to the 360's inadequacies.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
User avatar
Kenny Powers
The Mole
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron