Metal Gear Solid 4

No n00bz allowed.

Postby Ren » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:52 pm

I have an extra beta code if anyone wants.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Thu May 15, 2008 11:53 pm

I miss the beta.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby thelaird » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:35 pm

so... 8)
thelaird

Postby Meng » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:00 pm

I've heard great things about this game, but I'm still not getting a PS3.

I was watching X-Play yesterday and they said that the cut scenes go up to an hour. Did I hear that correctly? Can you save the game mid-cutscene if you don't have an hour to watch it?
Meng

Postby An Adam » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Call of Duty or Metal Gear - PS2?

I hooked it back up and wanna get a few new games.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby thelaird » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 pm

I'd get MGS3, if that's what you're referring to. MGS2 was kinda ghey.
thelaird

Postby Meng » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:54 am

Call of Duty 4 is teh shit. Shame that's not an option for you.
Meng

Postby An Adam » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:24 pm

MGS3 is 6.99. Then They have like COD2 and 3.
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Meng » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:43 am

Meng wrote:I've heard great things about this game, but I'm still not getting a PS3.

I was watching X-Play yesterday and they said that the cut scenes go up to an hour. Did I hear that correctly? Can you save the game mid-cutscene if you don't have an hour to watch it?

Laird or Ren, answer my question.
Meng

Postby Ren » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:59 am

Meng wrote:
Meng wrote:I've heard great things about this game, but I'm still not getting a PS3.

The cutscenes do take a while sometimes.. the missions briefings are the most brutal out of any of them, but even they are very watchable and most of the time enjoyable anyway.

This game has the most epic cutscene I've ever seen in my life in Act 3... very very powerful stuff.

It's amazing when you compare this game to a GTA IV or Gears. GTA IV to me was not a 10, or even remotely close to one. Definitely 9+, but not a legitimate 10.

This game is a seriously legit 10 across the board. Gameplay, production value, storyline, even multiplayer are all fantastic. I know it'll probably make me sound like a big pussy, but the cutscene I mentioned earlier made my eyes well up. I've not beaten it yet, but this game does not disappoint at any turn. (well, except for a mission in Act 3 which is more tedious than fun, but everything else is excellent.)

Absolutely a system-seller, and to date quite possibly the best game ever made.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Xero » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:53 pm

TA, if you're looking for amazing PS2 games.. pick up Timesplitters 2 and/or Timesplitters: Future Perfect. Both are pretty much badass.

If you were a fan of the Goldeneye series, you will love those games.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby thelaird » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:14 pm

upgrayyed wrote:
Meng wrote:

The cutscenes do take a while sometimes.. the missions briefings are the most brutal out of any of them, but even they are very watchable and most of the time enjoyable anyway.

This game has the most epic cutscene I've ever seen in my life in Act 3... very very powerful stuff.

It's amazing when you compare this game to a GTA IV or Gears. GTA IV to me was not a 10, or even remotely close to one. Definitely 9+, but not a legitimate 10.

This game is a seriously legit 10 across the board. Gameplay, production value, storyline, even multiplayer are all fantastic. I know it'll probably make me sound like a big pussy, but the cutscene I mentioned earlier made my eyes well up. I've not beaten it yet, but this game does not disappoint at any turn. (well, except for a mission in Act 3 which is more tedious than fun, but everything else is excellent.)

Absolutely a system-seller, and to date quite possibly the best game ever made.

Wait a minute.

Are you making fun of what I would say or is that a genuine post? Because from your text messages, it seemed like you thought it was good, but not as splooge-worthy as people are making it out to be.
Last edited by thelaird on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thelaird

Postby thelaird » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Meng wrote:

You can pause cutscenes, you can skip cutscenes, but you cannot save mid-cutscene. And yeah, there are some that approach an hour long.
thelaird

Postby thelaird » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Oh, and since I haven't mentioned it yet, I want to give Meryl teh juice.
thelaird

Postby An Adam » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Never played golden eye.

For the PS2 I have about 9 or 10 games.... the 2 non-sports titles are Artic Thunder (though that could be borderline) and GTA3...where I never cared enough to get past the first 10 or so missions.
An Adam
Romosexual

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games