No n00bz allowed.

Mass Effect 2 nigo

Postby Ren » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:31 am

Looks like this one's going to be rather good. Winner of Best RPG for E3 2006:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5y4h8m9dE

The gameplay, in regards to action, looks much more fun and polished here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WTf6YS1DXEE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I9HbwDrAkNw
Last edited by Ren on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:25 pm

What an amazing game. Jack Shepard is a forceful badass and the character development is amazing. If you've ever liked an RPG you will LOVE this game.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:58 am

my friend was ranting and raving about this like 2 months ago when i bought my 360, too bad I left it at school now that I have time to actually do stuff
Steve

Postby Ren » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:25 pm

So yeah, this game is the tits. Anyone else pick it up yet?

I've got a lvl 43 Soldier that I beat the game with on Normal and I'm currently working on a lvl 38 Adept and a lvl 8 Engineer, both on Hardcore. Adept is definitely the most baller class I've played with so far.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Alex » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:38 pm

I'm only a couple hours in, but this definately looks like it has potential. The combat system seems difficult to handle; going to take a while to get used to.

Do the different dialog options ever actually affect the storyline? So far it seems like they all lead to the same thing, it's just a choice of whether or not I want to be an asshole about it.
Alex

Postby Ren » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:58 am

Alex wrote:I'm only a couple hours in, but this definately looks like it has potential. The combat system seems difficult to handle; going to take a while to get used to.

Yeah, it'll probably be a solid 5 hours before you have an understanding of what everything does. I probably spent about 7 hours worth of time on Mako missions before I realized that I could hold the L trigger in and click the right thumbstick to zoom in like a sniper rifle with the Mako. What class are you using?

Do the different dialog options ever actually affect the storyline? So far it seems like they all lead to the same thing, it's just a choice of whether or not I want to be an asshole about it.

There's a lot of instances where it doesn't matter what you say and the only difference your conversation choices make are whether you get paragon or renegade points, but it has its fair share of twists. For example, the final boss fight can be completely bypassed if you play the conversation right (and your charm/intimidate abilities are leveled appropriately).
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:23 am

Upgrayyed wrote:
Alex wrote:I'm only a couple hours in, but this definately looks like it has potential. The combat system seems difficult to handle; going to take a while to get used to.

Yeah, it'll probably be a solid 5 hours before you have an understanding of what everything does. I probably spent about 7 hours worth of time on Mako missions before I realized that I could hold the L trigger in and click the right thumbstick to zoom in like a sniper rifle with the Mako. What class are you using?

Infiltrator, or whatever it's called. The sniper class.

Yeah, I had to actually open the instruction book just to figure out how to switch weapons.
Alex

Postby Ren » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:49 am

Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby thelaird » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Mass Effect is coming out for PC in May.

http://kotaku.com/355399/mass-effect-coming-to-pc

This makes me a happy person.
thelaird

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Has anybody played the Bring Down the Sky DLC yet? is it worth the 400 credits?
Steve

Re: Mass Effect

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:28 am

I may start playing this sometime this week, my roommate has it and I was looking for a good game to play.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Steve » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:22 am

Dan wrote:I may start playing this sometime this week, my roommate has it and I was looking for a good game to play.

The second time I played it (and beat everything) it took me 36 hours. And that is while knowing what I'm doing.
Steve

Postby Jellis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:06 pm

just got it and played as a vanguard by the time I got to the last lvl I was already lvl 50 so fully maxed vanguard/shock trooper. the end is defiantly epic, one of the most ever but in general game left me feeling a bit less than. I think its cause really the scripted story is minimal, 80% of the game is explore planets at random that have nothing really to do with anything. I would have liked to have seen more worlds that weren't just drop in your mako salvage, raid a structure that is from one of the 5 designs in the game, rinse then repeat for 30's or so hours. A good game and I was entertained not sure if I will ever reply it, oh wait by playing it I pretty much did just reply it a hundred times. There were some amazing parts and the depth of information was the most i have ever scene, and the 5 worlds that were scripted were great unfortunately that's like maybe 15% of the game. If you want a game based on repetitive level grind punctuated with points of brilliance this is the game for you
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Re:

Postby Jellis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Ren wrote:

There's a lot of instances where it doesn't matter what you say and the only difference your conversation choices make are whether you get paragon or renegade points, but it has its fair share of twists. For example, the final boss fight can be completely bypassed if you play the conversation right (and your charm/intimidate abilities are leveled appropriately).

2nd to last fight
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby Steve » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:09 am

Jellis wrote:just got it and played as a vanguard by the time I got to the last lvl I was already lvl 50 so fully maxed vanguard/shock trooper. the end is defiantly epic, one of the most ever but in general game left me feeling a bit less than. I think its cause really the scripted story is minimal, 80% of the game is explore planets at random that have nothing really to do with anything. I would have liked to have seen more worlds that weren't just drop in your mako salvage, raid a structure that is from one of the 5 designs in the game, rinse then repeat for 30's or so hours. A good game and I was entertained not sure if I will ever reply it, oh wait by playing it I pretty much did just reply it a hundred times. There were some amazing parts and the depth of information was the most i have ever scene, and the 5 worlds that were scripted were great unfortunately that's like maybe 15% of the game. If you want a game based on repetitive level grind punctuated with points of brilliance this is the game for you

Hopefully in the next one, the side quest planets will be more elaborate other than just roll up in the Mako, collect some rocks and shoot a few bad guys. It would be pretty sweet to have a Mos Eisley type place where you can mingle with criminals and what not, stir shit up and gain side quests that way. Just something different than the Citadel where you had to deal with all the political bullshit.

Jellis-have you played the Bring Down the Sky DLC yet?
Steve

Next

Return to Video Games