Mass Effect 2 nigo

No n00bz allowed.

Re: Mass Effect

Postby Jellis » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:00 am

Steve wrote:
Jellis wrote:just got it and played as a vanguard by the time I got to the last lvl I was already lvl 50 so fully maxed vanguard/shock trooper. the end is defiantly epic, one of the most ever but in general game left me feeling a bit less than. I think its cause really the scripted story is minimal, 80% of the game is explore planets at random that have nothing really to do with anything. I would have liked to have seen more worlds that weren't just drop in your mako salvage, raid a structure that is from one of the 5 designs in the game, rinse then repeat for 30's or so hours. A good game and I was entertained not sure if I will ever reply it, oh wait by playing it I pretty much did just reply it a hundred times. There were some amazing parts and the depth of information was the most i have ever scene, and the 5 worlds that were scripted were great unfortunately that's like maybe 15% of the game. If you want a game based on repetitive level grind punctuated with points of brilliance this is the game for you

Hopefully in the next one, the side quest planets will be more elaborate other than just roll up in the Mako, collect some rocks and shoot a few bad guys. It would be pretty sweet to have a Mos Eisley type place where you can mingle with criminals and what not, stir shit up and gain side quests that way. Just something different than the Citadel where you had to deal with all the political bullshit.

Jellis-have you played the Bring Down the Sky DLC yet?

yeah played it, I got mass effect for computer so I was able to download it for free. Its got a big map where you have to shut down 4 stations and a side quest of finding 3 scientist after this you enter a small area and a fight a lot of batarians. There are like 2 or 3 big renegade/paragon points and when I beat it as a paragon you get a pretty crazy piece of gear I got prolly the best tech piece in the game, you could also ask for various armors from the guy I assume they are all bad ass

The game had a lot of potential but its not like bioware is new to this shit they know games KOTOR,NWN, and BG2 where amazing, never played jade empire but I heard it was less than great. How do you have all of two worlds to do shit I mean Noveria and Citadel thats it, and how about making the extra missions feel liek real missions and nto some bonus patch missions. Hell even the relationship stuff was the worst i had seen in one of there games. They had a great mechanic and an interesting flushed out world then just slapped stuff to fill the middle. I blame EA, whose the fucking devil and now owns bioware they can ruin anything
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby thelaird » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:09 am

I finally got around to downloading this and it's definitely an amazing game. And let me tell you, D'Brickashaw Shepard is the most hardcore bad ass in the galaxy.
thelaird

Postby Steve » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:16 am

thelaird wrote:I finally got around to downloading this and it's definitely an amazing game. And let me tell you, D'Brickashaw Shepard is the most hardcore bad ass in the galaxy.

Nice, I assume you made him black then?
Steve

Postby thelaird » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:42 pm

I've been playing through this game again the last couple days. My first character was a vanguard (singularity + carnage = awesome), but I decided to change things up and I made an infiltrator. I have to say, immunity is the fucking dumbest thing I've ever seen. 80% damage reduction pretty much breaks the game. It doesn't matter how many people are in a room, I just pop immunity and marksman (which both have a 100% uptime) then run in and kill everyone. My squad will die almost instantly, but it's not like I need them. I don't even bother with any of my tech abilities, I just blast away. It's pretty ridiculous.
thelaird

Re: Mass Effect 2 nigo

Postby Ren » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:56 am

Mass Effect 2 Importing Requires Hard Drive
New Game + option will also be available.
by Jim Reilly
LATEST IMAGES
View all 71 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 37 videos

December 28, 2009 - Mass Effect fans will soon be able to import character and story save data from the first title into the upcoming sequel. BioWare has outlined the process, with community man Chris Priestly answering questions and concerns of fans on the official forums recently.

Here's what you should know before you make the jump:

# Upon starting a new game from the main menu, players can import a character save from Mass Effect 1

# The Player chooses which character to bring in. Bringing in more than one character is possible, this will create a second or additional profile(s), just like in Mass Effect 1.

# For Xbox 360 players need to be signed into your profile that you used to play through Mass Effect 1.

# On PC players will select the .MassEffectSave files to import.

# The profile and save data must be present on the hard drive and not an MU.

# There is a limit of 11 end-of-game saves that can be imported into ME2. This means that if the player was to complete ME1 12 times, regardless of the number of unique playthroughs used, the 12th save will not be available for import, but saves 1 through 11 will be available.

Priestly also says starting a New Game + after completing it will be able to reuse the same import data for a second playthrough. Completing Mass Effect 1 with a high level character and transferring it to Mass Effect 2 will receive greater bonuses, such as a monetary boost, or "additional research resources for use at the Normandy's Tech Lab."

Additionally, transferring a save where the player finished as either a Renegade or a Paragon, "part" of your character's alignment will carry over as well.

Well, I feel extremely confident that this will end up being one of the best games of all time. It's gonna be two discs, so hopefully they've done away with the cookie-cutter layout of the planets and enemy bases and gone with fully-developed and diverse worlds. Either way though, Ren Shepard is gonna rape and I'm gonna love it. Also, incase you didn't read it earlier your team can make the ultimate sacrifice to beat the game, so I'm going out fucking hard on my first playthrough.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Jellis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:27 pm

going to pirate first to make sure it runs on my comp then I will buy
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:04 am

Ren wrote:http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/masseffect2

What a fucking masterpiece.

Picked up the last copy of the CE at Target, so far its awesome.
Steve

Postby thelaird » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm

How's the gameplay? I love the first one (playing through it again as we speak), but the gameplay feels a little clunky. Also, how much time do you have to spend in that fucking Mako? Hey, let's give people all these cool weapons, abilities, and partners then have them spend half the game driving around in a tank.
thelaird

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:36 pm

thelaird wrote:How's the gameplay? I love the first one (playing through it again as we speak), but the gameplay feels a little clunky. Also, how much time do you have to spend in that fucking Mako? Hey, let's give people all these cool weapons, abilities, and partners then have them spend half the game driving around in a tank.

The combat seems more intense that the first, you reload guns now rather than having them overheat, and they've removed some abilities (at least for Infiltrator, haven't tried other classes yet). They changed around the hacking minigame to matching lines of code or connecting similar nodes on a datapad which I think is for the better. Removed the Mako completely, replaced it with a dropship and a scan planets for minerals/things to do which I'm not sure I'm a fan of. Sure, the Mako was a piece of shit but moving the cursor over a planet to locate minerals is boring and there seems to be less worlds to visit.
Steve

Postby Jellis » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:53 pm

looks like my attempt at pirating will fail as I downloaded the new daemon tools and it fails on every iso I try
Jellis

Postby thelaird » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Jellis wrote:looks like my attempt at pirating will fail as I downloaded the new daemon tools and it fails on every iso I try

Try MagicISO. Never had any problems with it.
thelaird

Postby Steve » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:46 pm

So I'm about 20 hours into the game and am nowhere close to being done. There seems to be twice as many systems as the first game once you unlock them all.
Steve

Postby thelaird » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

I just started playing through it late last night. It's a lot of fun, but it's kind of frustrating as well. My first guy (of 3, I've been really ADD with this game) was a vanguard, but their playstyle is a lot different from what it was in the first game. They're way too fragile to use the run-and-gun playstyle that worked so well in ME1. Charge seems like it would work well with that strategy, but vanguards go down so fast that charge hurts more than it helps. They're also a short-range class in a game that emphasizes ranged attacks. They definitely seem to be one of the weaker classes in the game.

My second go at the game was an Adept. The much shorter cooldown on all powers makes Adepts feel a lot more dynamic and enjoyable than in the first one. There are some pathing issues with their powers that kind of put a damper on all the fun. They travel in an arc that's slightly tilted so that it goes around corners. Or it's supposed to anyway. You end up hitting crates far too often and since you don't cast in a straight line, you'll sometimes hit pillars to the right of you or overhangs above you when you're trying to hit someone directly in front of you. It's probably just something I need to get used to, but it pissed me off at the time, so I switched characters again. They're still a lot of fun and I'll probably go back to my adept at some point.

Right now I'm rolling with an infiltrator. They're really strong and the invisibility cloak is a lot of fun. They feel too straightforward right now (find cover, use cloak, headshot, duck back behind cover until cloak is up again), but I'm hoping once I get a few more levels under my belt, he'll be a little more versatile.

Complaints aside, ME2 is a great fucking game. Clearly better than the first, imo.

A few other observations:
- I don't mind the memory minigame, but the match the code one is incredibly annoying.
- I <3 Mordin Solus.
- I love how there are a lot more opportunities to Charm / Intimidate.
- Headshots are awesome.
- This game would be 1000x better if you could hotkey your squad's talents. I guess that's a drawback of playing a console port.
- I really hope you can fuck that Kelly chick.
- http://www.masseffect2faces.com/
- You sacrifice your life to save Seth Green? Bullshit. I took every opportunity to be a dick to that guy, no way my Shepard would save him.
thelaird

Postby thelaird » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Oh, and can anyone tell me how the story goes if you save the Council?
thelaird

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games