Video game breakthroughs + bitching about stupid COD4 shit

No n00bz allowed.

Re: Video game breakthroughs + bitching about stupid COD4 shit

Postby Ren » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:50 pm

I just unlocked the Overkill perk last night and so that's bumped up my excitement for this game a little bit. I like to carry around an MP5+silencer/Dragonov combo. I'm not a very good sniper, but I'd say I'm at least average for someone that doesn't do it a lot. I like how sniping is set up in this game, just the way it mimics reality (holding your breath, leading your target, being extremely vulnerable to people with more assault-oriented weapons). It's like a completely different type of gameplay within the multiplayer mode itself. The animation for snipe kills is awesome too. I love the mental image of blood squirting out on a dude that had no idea what he was about to walk into.

It's a pretty useful combination for maps like Overgrown (I think) and Ambush. On Countdown you can hop onto just about any of those missile silo lids and get a nice vista of the rest of the map, you just have to be wary of other players who are rushing your spot from the flank.

Lately I've also been using the RPGx2 perk, so having the ability to take down a chopper, snipe, and quietly rush people is pretty useful, although it relies heavily on individual skill with the weapons (due to the fact that you have to rely on iron sights with the MP5, losing your first perk, etc.). Not that I have any noteworthy skills at this game. And that's what I think the game's main draw comes from, just trying to find out which combination works out best for you. It's quite spectacular in its own right, sort of like an RPG. I can't wait to unlock the Barrett.

On a side, I think it's funny how every time I kill a black person, I assume that the person playing them is black. Sometimes I wonder if people also think that I'm black when they kill my black avatar.

edit: Another thing I mentioned late last night is that I fucking HATE how the killcam will show someone in the middle of a reload, with their magazine OUT OF THE FUCKING WEAPON, and then instanteneously they'll go back to killing me with whatever was left in their clip. At least show me that they had to double-tap the weaponswap button before they just went back to shooting, you fucking piece of shit.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Steve » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:07 pm

I unlocked 3x frag grenades last night so random grenade throwing FTW!
Steve

Postby Meng » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Steve wrote:I unlocked 3x frag grenades last night so random grenade throwing FTW!

I love the 3x frag grenade perk. I get so many cheap kills just from random grenade throwing.
Meng

Postby Ryan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:46 pm

and i get so many cheap deaths from it. thats why i fucking hate wet works beyond words. i NEVER.,..EVER get past the half way point on that map.

the killcam is going to be the death of me. im going to have an aneurism or heart attack from seeing the way i die a lot of times. like, it would look like i unloaded half my clip into these faggots, then the dude turns around and shoots me in the ankle with 1 m16 round and i die.

i dont know why i get so worked up sometimes, but fuckin a cotton, im gunna lose it one of these days.

Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby Xero » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:34 pm

i hear ya ryan.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby thelaird » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:00 am

Ryan wrote:and i get so many cheap deaths from it. thats why i fucking hate wet works beyond words. i NEVER.,..EVER get past the half way point on that map.

I fucking hate wet work. The strategy I've had the most success with is to just run like a motherfucker. Stab anyone that gets in your way and try go get behind their spawn area. You'll die a lot trying to get there, but when you do, you'll rack up the kills.

the killcam is going to be the death of me. im going to have an aneurism or heart attack from seeing the way i die a lot of times. like, it would look like i unloaded half my clip into these faggots, then the dude turns around and shoots me in the ankle with 1 m16 round and i die.

i dont know why i get so worked up sometimes, but fuckin a cotton, im gunna lose it one of these days.

The worst for me is seeing some jackass lob a grenade over a building and hit me a mile away. I'll do that a lot too, but it still pisses me off like no other when it happens to me.
thelaird

Postby Meng » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:59 am

Wet Work is extremely shitty for HQ. It seems like the team that captures the HQ first, captures it every time because the HQ always spawns where they respawn.
Meng

Postby Ren » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Spawning, walking 3 feet in front of you and getting shot in the face FTW.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ryan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:20 pm

anyone around?

spawning into airstrikes, FTW!

Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby thelaird » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:20 pm

I've died to the same airstrike three times before.

And it was my airstrike.

:cry:
thelaird

Postby Xero » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:44 pm

my friend wanted cod4 back so i am once again without random nades killing me. holla.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby Meng » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Xero wrote:my friend wanted cod4 back so i am once again without random nades killing me. holla.

Buy the game. I think it's $40 now.
Meng

Postby Xero » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:24 pm

I wouldn't pay $40 for that game. The only thing worthwhile is online, and I'm almost rank 20 and still suck balls at it.

I'll wait for Gears of War 2. Or World at War.
Xero

Postby thelaird » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:30 pm

I wasn't any good until well after I hit 55. Of course, it's a lot easier to level on PC, but it still takes a while before you get the hang of it.
thelaird

Postby Xero » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:37 pm

yeah, there are some matches where i do half decent, but most of the time i'm epic fail. im always sniper fodder or victim to random 'nades.... which frustrates me to no end.
Xero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games