Darksiders?

No n00bz allowed.

Darksiders?

Postby Ren » Sun May 25, 2008 1:39 am

User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Ren » Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 pm

Darksiders is about to be the sickest action-RPG of all time.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/8182 ... ntary.html
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Xero » Thu May 21, 2009 1:21 am

All these games you post about and yet all you play is shitty Halo 3.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
User avatar
Xero
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Re: Darksiders?

Postby thelaird » Thu May 21, 2009 2:08 am

pwned
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Ren » Thu May 21, 2009 3:34 am

Only a hallmark card faggot would post pwned there. Let's see: Brutal Legend, Prototype, Alpha Protocol, Darksiders? Could the reason I've not played them be that they haven't come out yet you genius? Besides, I've been playing Bionic Commando the past couple days now.

The reason I don't mess with L4D is that I like to be good at shooters and don't feel like learning a new fps, but I'm sure it's fun and respect the fact that you all like it. I know Halo is a great shooter and if nothing else, I can go to the theater and watch any game I've ever cared to save, be it multi or campaign. No other game offers that.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Xero » Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Try L4D, it's not a hard game to learn. Fuck, if I can be good at it, I'm sure you'll do just fine. I mean, even Jeff did alright... I guess. Okay, not really, but Dave was rollin niggaz left and right when he played with Ryan and I.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
User avatar
Xero
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Ren » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm

OMG

User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Darksiders?

Postby thelaird » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:44 pm

I thought you said you weren't impressed by GoW 3.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Ren » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:14 pm

thelaird wrote:I thought you said you weren't impressed by GoW 3.


Nigger please. I didn't see Kratos riding around on a horse slaying bitches, nor did I see him pulling off sick grappling hook combos. Totally different games.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Darksiders?

Postby thelaird » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:36 am

OK, fine, so it's the God of War / My Little Pony collaboration we've all been waiting for. It's still a ripoff.

And by definition, the God of War > just War.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Ren » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:14 pm

thelaird wrote:OK, fine, so it's the God of War / My Little Pony collaboration we've all been waiting for. It's still a ripoff.

And by definition, the God of War > just War.


:horseman: > Kratos

And if Kratos were that powerful, he wouldn't be getting whored by his elders at the start of every new game.

I don't think it's really fair to call Darksiders a straight up ripoff. For one, the heaven/hell storyline is told from a present-day time. For two, it's told with a bent towards the Christian version of biblical end times (A.K.A. apocalypse) as opposed to the Greek bullshit. It does borrow a little bit from other games, but it's pretty fuckin far from a ripoff.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Darksiders?

Postby thelaird » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Yeah, he's not Zeus, but he's still the God of War, which makes him more powerful than War. And if you can't see the similarities between the two games, then you're fucking blind, the grappling hooks especially were a dead giveaway.

On a side note, why is War riding Famine's horse? War rides a red horse, but in the video, it's clearly black.

And yet another side note, and this is indisputable, Greek mythology is far more bad ass than the Bible.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Ren » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:19 pm

thelaird wrote:Yeah, he's not Zeus, but he's still the God of War, which makes him more powerful than War. And if you can't see the similarities between the two games, then you're fucking blind, the grappling hooks especially were a dead giveaway.

On a side note, why is War riding Famine's horse? War rides a red horse, but in the video, it's clearly black.

And yet another side note, and this is indisputable, Greek mythology is far more bad ass than the Bible.


You of all people should know that it don't get no rawer than a horseman.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: Darksiders?

Postby Jellis » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:26 pm

got this for 20, been a fun god or war/ zelda game
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
User avatar
Jellis
 
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:35 am


Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron