Madden 09

No n00bz allowed.

Re: Madden 09

Postby Ren » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:19 am

There's a host who has the power to boot in every game? That's completely retarded.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Meng » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:53 am

Are these ranked games or unranked games that you guys are getting booted from? I'll be pissed if I get booted from a ranked game just because I'm winning.
Meng

Postby AlexR » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:34 pm

I was booted once last night. I've played 5 games including the one I was booted from.
The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Meng » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Are you guys sure you were booted from the game? Perhaps EA servers were just really clogged up since Madden came out yesterday.
Meng

Postby Xero » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:06 pm

i got booted from unranked, andi was playing my friend all 3 times, so i know i wasnt kicked by him. and i know i didnt kick him in the one he froze in.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby Jellis » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 pm

In fact, it's common to no-huddle all the way down the field (don't worry, hardcore players, there's a "fair play" area where this can be turned off, along with other cheap tricks, and that is also available online), using just one core play and destroying the defense with customized air attacks. This is the one true feature that Wii has over the 360/PS3 builds of the game, and it's a big one. Just like Pro Evo Soccer's pointer control, Madden's Call Your Shot has evolved football to a whole new level. In this reviewer's opinion, it's the single best gameplay advancement I've seen in Madden for years, and I'm talking any version of the game.

from IGN, WII actually finally has something that is better in a sports game than the 360 or the PS3
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby Jellis » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Jellis wrote:In fact, it's common to no-huddle all the way down the field (don't worry, hardcore players, there's a "fair play" area where this can be turned off, along with other cheap tricks, and that is also available online), using just one core play and destroying the defense with customized air attacks. This is the one true feature that Wii has over the 360/PS3 builds of the game, and it's a big one. Just like Pro Evo Soccer's pointer control, Madden's Call Your Shot has evolved football to a whole new level. In this reviewer's opinion, it's the single best gameplay advancement I've seen in Madden for years, and I'm talking any version of the game.

from IGN, WII actually finally has something that is better in a sports game than the 360 or the PS3

dont get me wrong still a lesser title, I think this si the first time a facet of a sports game is better for the WII

(soccer isnt a sport)
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby Meng » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 pm

These disconnects are really pissing me off. Also, my first game online was against the exact opposite of a person I want to play. He was the Patriots, bombed it every time, went for it on every 4th down, and took up the entire play clock every time even when he threw an incomplete pass.
Meng

Postby Xero » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:07 am

Meng wrote:These disconnects are really pissing me off. Also, my first game online was against the exact opposite of a person I want to play. He was the Patriots, bombed it every time, went for it on every 4th down, and took up the entire play clock every time even when he threw an incomplete pass.

yet another reason why i only play people i know.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby Meng » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:25 pm

I regret buying this game now. I should've just kept playing Madden 08.

Things that suck about this game:
1. Computer AI being retarded when catching a ball by the sidelines. Even if they have 15 yards of open field in front of them, if they catch the ball by the sidelines, they'll purposely run out of bounds.

2. Online leagues. Apparently, online leagues are basically broken in here. I've read that most people have had trouble finishing a game in their league.

3. To go along with this, the game always disconnects me when trying to play online. Why is it so hard to finish a game?

4. Player progression is shit. My rookie CB that's rated a 78 won the best CB award in the Madden awards screen. He gets rewarded by getting bumped up to an 81. No one on my team got an increase of more than 3 points. Also, my players don't progress at all when I sim the preseason. I don't know if they would if I played the preseason, but there should be some progression whether you sim or play.

5. The My Skill difficulty is pretty shitty. If the computer goes 18-21 against me, don't move my difficulty against the pass up. It gets frustrating that the computer's always completing passes against me because they only throw short and my linebackers suck in coverage. For some reason it's thinking I'm doing a good job too, when I'm not.
Meng

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Everyone should just buy COD and we can have a COD tournament instead.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Dan wrote:Everyone should just buy COD and we can have a COD tournament instead.

2 on 2 tournament...me and ryan are a team.

best 2 out of 3, one team picks one map/gametype, the other team picks another, and then we vote on the 3rd one which stays the same.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Meng » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:19 pm

2 on 2 tournament? Fuck that. I suck.
Meng

Postby Xero » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 pm

I'll probably buy CoD4 next week. I have a pretty huge paycheck coming, so maybe I can spring for it.
Xero

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Meng wrote:2 on 2 tournament? Fuck that. I suck.

so does jeff and he'll need a teammate
Dan
Snape and Harry die

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games