Red Dead Redemption

No n00bz allowed.

Red Dead Redemption

Postby thelaird » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

thelaird

Re: Red Dead Redemption

Postby Jellis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 am

I am very juiced about this maybe more so than ME2, first game was solid and it was only partially done by rockstar
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby jeff » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 am

I too am looking forward to this game, but wasn't all that much a fan of the first one. It had a lot of potential but kind of fell flat
jeff

Postby Ren » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Holy shit.

Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Jellis » Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 pm

pre ordered this shit and can't wait for tomorrow, I have Wednesday and Thursday off from work and plan on playing like crazy. Reviews see to agree this might be the game o f the year
Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Jellis

Postby Steve » Mon May 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Jellis wrote:pre ordered this shit and can't wait for tomorrow, I have Wednesday and Thursday off from work and plan on playing like crazy. Reviews see to agree this might be the game o f the year

Yeah, everything I've read makes it seem pretty awesome. Should definitely challenge Mass Effect 2 as GotY so far.
Steve

Postby thelaird » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm almost finished with this...

Like:
The scenery: it's fucking gorgeous. Maybe the prettiest game I've ever played. I love just riding around and looking at shit. Probably the best part of the game.
Hunting: killing animals is almost as much fun as killing people.
The music: fits the game like a glove.
Dead eye: bullet time is always fun, but lining up 5 or 6 head shots then firing them all at once is orgasmic.
Gratuitous use of the Wilhelm Scream: AAAaaaaaaah.

Dislike:
What outlaw path? I feel like a lot was made about how the game would revolve around your choices. I killed a lot of innocent people and the only thing that happened was I got stuck with a slow fucking horse. (You get a special mount for being an outlaw, but it's incredibly slow)
Voice acting: It's pretty awful, Marston especially.
The supporting cast: maybe it's because you're constantly meeting new people then promptly forgetting about them, but never really got into the characters the way I did some of characters in GTA.

Overall, it's a great game. It's a tad disappointing in some areas, but I'm definitely enjoying it.
thelaird

Postby Ren » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:02 am

Red Dead Redemption is a fucking masterpiece of the highest order. I disagree about the voice acting, I thought most of it was pretty top-notch, even Marston. It would have been nice if he sounded like Clint Eastwood, but it's still well done.

What's the Wilhelm Scream? Is that some sort of gun you can unlock?
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Jellis » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:18 am

Ren wrote:Red Dead Redemption is a fucking masterpiece of the highest order. I disagree about the voice acting, I thought most of it was pretty top-notch, even Marston. It would have been nice if he sounded like Clint Eastwood, but it's still well done.

What's the Wilhelm Scream? Is that some sort of gun you can unlock?

I agree I actually really liked the voice acting a lot, at first I wondered if it was Timothy Olphant. The ending sequene of th game is maybe the most memoral I have ever had. The last 10 or so missions are like a denoument to a story and the stranger quest you get after the game I loved, I killed every memeber of the fuckers family as I met them
Jellis

Return to Video Games