Black Ops

No n00bz allowed.

Black Ops

Postby Ren » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 am

Anyone else going to pick this up tomorrow night? Looks pretty fucking raw.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Re: Black Ops

Postby thelaird » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 am

Has Treyarch ever made a decent game?
thelaird

Postby Ren » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 am

I've been watching a lot of gameplay on J.tv. It looks super fuckin solid where CoD5 looked like shit. The theater mode, which much to my dismay has not been featured in every video game since Halo 3 came out with it, is a big selling point for me too.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:18 am

The FAMAS is automatic now, and it rapes. Great gun if you're < lvl 20.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 am

Video of me shitting on a sniper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6-ia5E15LU
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:52 am

First ever youtube video. :)

I've been meaning to do something like this for years, so it's nice to finally get around to it. Yeah, I know youtube is flooded with commentators, but it's still really exciting to have some of my gameplay up on the internet. I'm going to put up some Halo 3 stuff at some point.

This was captured from the theatre mode, which makes my aim look bad due to lag. Anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iy45qnwhNQ
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:24 pm

honestly not that great of a video, everyone has a billion rape games with the AK74u, It's the most overpowered gun in the game and they're actually patching it.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Big mistake in setting a claymore down and running the other way with a blackbird up, when you have a blackbird up screw claymores just rush and kill as many as possible
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby thelaird » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Ren wrote:This was captured from the theatre mode, which makes my aim look bad due to lag. Anyway.

No, your aim sucks because you're playing on a fucking console. Cool video though. Making vids of yourself is always fun and really helpful too. I've improved my play a lot in various games just by watching myself. Great stuff.
thelaird

Postby Ren » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Dan wrote:honestly not that great of a video, everyone has a billion rape games with the AK74u, It's the most overpowered gun in the game and they're actually patching it.

Of course, but I'm not gonna run around with shitty guns just to be original. I'm sick of the AK74u, it just happened that this was one of the few videos that was under 10 minutes in my fileshare (and before I realized that youtube now gives you 15 minutes on your videos). I plan on putting up a lot more. It's really not a video I'm terribly proud of, I just wanted to show a good video of me using cover and moving around the map and shit. I never rush the A or C spawn on Havana because people will spawn directly up your ass if you do, that's why I went a different route with the Blackbird up. I might have had a quad feed if those faggots weren't using Second Chance.

I disagree that the 74u is overpowered. The only reason it could be called overpowered is that most of the maps lend themselves to close quarters combat (most gunbattles are <30 meters in range), but for mid to long range you're way better off with an assault rifle. The AK47 fucking rapes in this game, and the vertical recoil is easy to manage.

The next one will feature the G11 with Low Power Scope on Jungle. The G11 is another example of guns that people complain about, but I don't see too many people using it with the LPS. It's an 88-7, so it'll be nice to show off a reign of terror with air support.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:37 pm

thelaird wrote:
Ren wrote:This was captured from the theatre mode, which makes my aim look bad due to lag. Anyway.

No, your aim sucks because you're playing on a fucking console. Cool video though. Making vids of yourself is always fun and really helpful too. I've improved my play a lot in various games just by watching myself. Great stuff.

Well, apparently this game is unplayable on PC, so it doesn't much matter that I play on console.

And thanks. I've been beside myself ever since I got this Hauppauge HD PVR. I can capture the dumbest shit and still have a ball doing it. Theatre mode is pretty much the greatest addition to FPS games since the right thumbstick. I don't think it's any surprise that the best K/D I could ever muster in MW2 was like 1.25, but in Black Ops I'm at 2.12. That's due in large part to figuring out what I did wrong in the theater, but also because Black Ops just takes a lot more skill to be good at.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:26 am

Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm