Games I'm looking at buying

No n00bz allowed.

Games I'm looking at buying

Postby An Adam » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 am

I've made my way thorugh my first group of games: Arkham Asylum, Gears of War 2, and Modern Warfare.

Next group I'm looking at:
Assassin's Creed 2
Street Fighter IV
Gears of War 1 (Figure I may as well make my way through the trilogy)

Any thoughts on those selections? They have me out the door at 34 dollars combined
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Re: Games I'm looking at buying

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:55 am

NBA JAM
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby The Crystal Meth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Petz.
Hooch is Seriously Crazy
The Crystal Meth
Black Chad

Postby Ren » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:08 pm

The Assassin's Creed series is an abortion. I hate the dude you play as in those games that goes into the Animator.

Gears of War is a good choice, and will tie some loose ends that you probably have from Gears 2. Plus, Carmine is awesome.

SFIV is a good fighting game, but I don't think you'd get much out of it unless you were looking to play online. If you enjoyed Cod4, you'd also enjoy CoD6 (MW2). Can also be had for cheap these days.

If you ever enjoyed action games like God of War or Devil May Cry, I'd strongly encourage you to pick up Bayonetta. Bayonetta is seriously the greatest action game of all time. Can't imagine it's going for much more than $5-$10 now.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:02 pm

I liked Gears 2 enough in Single Player. If I get game time this week, I'll try the online multiplayer. The cover system made it vastly superior to COD. Wasn't a big fan of COD. Gears 1 is 5 bucks, and I'll get 5 bucks of enjoyment out of it. I'll probably get Gears 3 at some point, too. Being so far behind in games, getting them hot of the press doesn't really do me much, since the online multiplayer is really for people who play WAY more than I do... so I just die and get pissed.

My favorite of the three was Batman. I played it on Normal... then played it through again on Hard. Waiting for a cool preorder offer to get Arkham City.

I played Mortal Kombat and SFII all the time on 2nd gen systems. Hell, I played MK3 on a genesis emulator last summer. Thought about MK Vs DC, but it's like 15 bucks more, and the 3D side stepping got a lot of bad reviews. So I'll get 10 bucks out of it. I've heard AC1 was terrible, 2 was awesome. But much like my concern with Red Dead being Grand Theft Horse, I'm worried it's just going to be pointless GTA wander shit.

GTA was the last game i got for the PS2, and it got me to put the PS2 away and then got me all out of sync w/ the game systems. I really don't enjoy it, and I think the sandbox games just may not be for me. I'll check out bayonetta.... and NBA Jam is on the list. For now, my brother in law has it, and I go over there and play. I did love NBA Jam on Genesis, probably a top 5 game all-time for me, and it was just a stupid arcade port with no season or anything.
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby An Adam » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:45 am

Ended up buying 5.

GOW1
Devil May Cry 4
Prince of Persia
Bayonetta
Street Fighter IV.

Worked out a deal to trade DmC4 for Assassin's creed 2 with a buddy.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby An Adam » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:46 am

...trade upon completion, of course. He says the assassin's creed games are the best on XBox. Still figuring out who's advice to trust. That + Bayonetta will be your final test, Ren. lol
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Xero » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Did you get SUPER Street Fighter IV, or just vanilla SFIV? If you paid more than $3 for vanilla SFIV you got ripped off.

GoHastings.com has some sweet deals online if you're into buying used games. Usually Buy 2/Get 1 Free (or for .01)
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby Xero » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:20 pm

As for the Assassin's Creed series -- it's really hit or miss. Personally I think it's an acquired taste. Lots of people hate that series, and lots of people also tend to love it. Ren just so happens to hate it, and I myself have yet to play them, just because there's better games out there to waste time on. Hell, I'd probably even recommend Crackdown 2 over the AC series, and that's saying something.

Have you played anything online yet, Adam?

I have about 21 Xbox 360 games and I'm willing to part with most of them for fairly cheap. If you're interested, let me know.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby An Adam » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 pm

I've played some COD4 online. I didn't want to GOW2 online until I beat the campaign, which I just finished. I'll keep the used ones in mind from you, gotta burn through these games, and then I still have $70 at best buy. I've spent like, 4 dollars out of pocket on games so far. I've gotten all used ones so far since I've got like 3 or 4 years of good back logged games to get through before I have to start paying new price for new games that are new to the market.

I got regular SFIV it was like 9 dollars cheaper.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:11 am

The Adam wrote:Ended up buying 5.

GOW1
Devil May Cry 4
Prince of Persia
Bayonetta
Street Fighter IV.

Worked out a deal to trade DmC4 for Assassin's creed 2 with a buddy.

AC2 is quite enjoyable, don't listen to Ren. Which Prince of Persia did you get?
Steve

Postby An Adam » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Like the first one that ditched the sands concept, with the guy who wants his donkey back and is kind of sucked into a netherworld.

I haven't dipped into anything that IGN hasn't thrown a 9+ to in its review.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Xero » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:12 pm

I wouldn't fully invest into IGN's ratings system. There are games out there that are getting trashed by IGN because it's not "Call of Duty". I'd check out metacritic and go off of what some gamers think about certain games you are looking into.

Or you could just listen to Steve and I.
Xero

Postby Ren » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:53 pm

TA, people's experiences will differ, but with you shopping in the bargain basement to begin with, you really don't have a terrible lot to lose by checking different ones out.

I played and beat the original Assassin's Creed, and it was a repetitive slog through clunky combat, non-existent story and go-here-kill-this-guy missions. You could maybe forgive them for having such horrendous game design and mission structure if it weren't for the game's main character being a whiny little bitch. What little I played of AC2 felt exactly the same with a mildly better story and different weapons. No substance at all. I can't think of the last time Ubisoft made a game that wasn't a casual fuckfest. Anyway.

I think you mentioned something about the Mass Effect series not being right for you, but for whatever reason I was shocked it wasn't in the first list of games you've played. I know a hand full of people that said they don't like RPGs, but they played Mass Effect 2 and fell in love. Give that one a try.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby thelaird » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Assassin's Creed blows.
thelaird

Next

Return to Video Games