Games I'm looking at buying

No n00bz allowed.

Re: Games I'm looking at buying

Postby An Adam » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:45 pm

I almost bought 1 and 2 this time, but then was reading that you have to pause, switch power, play, pause switch power, play.... seemed tedious.

I'm almost regretting getting Gears of War 1. Trying to play GOW2 online, and finding a match is like impossible. I've found one in the last like 30 min of trying.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby An Adam » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:46 pm

I just want to make sure it doesn't become a NHLBox for me. Trying the different types of games.
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 pm

The Adam wrote:I almost bought 1 and 2 this time, but then was reading that you have to pause, switch power, play, pause switch power, play.... seemed tedious.

You really only have to micromanage on the Harder modes in ME2. It doesn't even feel like micromanaging as much as deciding which weapons and powers you want to tool on aliens with.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Steve » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:21 pm

The Adam wrote:Like the first one that ditched the sands concept, with the guy who wants his donkey back and is kind of sucked into a netherworld.

I haven't dipped into anything that IGN hasn't thrown a 9+ to in its review.

Ok that one was pretty fun. IGN was pretty generous with it's grade but it was still an enjoyable action/adventure game.
Steve

Postby An Adam » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Next go-round I'll get ME1 and 2. Probably some time this summer, depending on how baseball go.

And I still get irritated by the GOW match-making. And I get my ass handed to me far to easily, but I will say that the online of that is much more fun than COD, even though you just respawn forever.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Xero » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Don't pay more than $9.99 for each of those games. (Mass Effect 1 and 2)

They can be found for those prices in most places that aren't fucking Gamestop, Walmart or Best Buy.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby Meng » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 pm

The thing that irritates me most about Gears' multiplayer is the fact that 1 guy can rape an entire team if he gets the torque bow and he's good with it.
Meng

Postby An Adam » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Gears multiplayer is growing on me. Only done warzone and execution so far, still get irritated w/ match making delay, plus being kicked to the lobby after a game.

What places sell them besides Gamestop, Walmart and Best Buy?
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Meng wrote:The thing that irritates me most about Gears' multiplayer is the fact that 1 guy can rape an entire team if he gets the torque bow and he's good with it.

Especially if he has fucking host. I have a garbage 1down/.3up DSL connection, so I never get host. But everyone I play against has Verizon FiOs uber-host. Really annoying.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:49 pm

The Adam wrote:Gears multiplayer is growing on me. Only done warzone and execution so far, still get irritated w/ match making delay, plus being kicked to the lobby after a game.

I remember my first round of Gears multiplayer where I realized all my teammates were dead and it was just me versus 3 people.

"Hello.... anyone there? What the fuck?"
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:06 pm

What's the difference when you host a game?
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm

The Adam wrote:Gears multiplayer is growing on me. Only done warzone and execution so far, still get irritated w/ match making delay, plus being kicked to the lobby after a game.

Target occasionally has some good stuff on clearance, but thats very hit or miss. Amazon generally has excellent prices too.

I'd stay the fuck away from Gamestop, especially if you buy anything new.
Steve

Postby Ren » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:17 am

Steve wrote:

Target occasionally has some good stuff on clearance, but thats very hit or miss. Amazon generally has excellent prices too.

I'd stay the fuck away from Gamestop, especially if you buy anything new.

Yeah, Gamestop is usually the last place I ever go for games, and it's explicitly because they badger me about buying a bunch of shit that I don't want.

Toys 'R Us usually has some great deals on new releases, like $20 gift cards and stuff like that.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 am

The Adam wrote:What's the difference when you host a game?

All of your shots register perfectly, the hit detection (bullet damage you inflict) is instantaneous, and the game never lags for you.

Let's say you're playing Gears. If you are the host, and you shoot a guy point blank with the shotgun, he will chunk instantly for you, as soon as you pull the trigger. If you are the client, and you do the exact same thing, he will chunk 1/10th of a second to 1/3rd of a second later, depending on how long it takes for your shot to travel to the host, and then ping back onto your screen. When you're host, you are the Matrix and everyone else is a regular earthling.

Here's a good example of lag in Gears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8AKDqA9-J4

Here's a GREAT example of host advantage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plzHrMZmcVE
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:20 pm

gotcha. That explains a few things I seem to remember going WTF on.
An Adam
Romosexual

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games