Games I'm looking at buying

No n00bz allowed.

Re: Games I'm looking at buying

Postby An Adam » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 pm

BTW, that's the last time I go for sequel and then play backwards. Played a little GoW today when I got home. It's fun, but the visuals aren't as crisp, the cut scenes aren't as good, and the mechanics aren't either. I want the lancer from GOW2. It's better.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby An Adam » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:22 pm

By the way, ren. You were WAY WRONG. I got EA Active2 for the Kinect, and I did get a functional tangible work out from it.
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:56 pm

The Adam wrote:By the way, ren. You were WAY WRONG. I got EA Active2 for the Kinect, and I did get a functional tangible work out from it.

Would you rate it over running in real life with music? Or going to a gym for example? Money factor aside..
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 pm

I would, simply because I got up on Saturday, did the work out, jumped in the shower, cooked breakfast. Took 1:10. If you're going for just general fitness purposes, I like it over the gym. I don't think you're going to get any good strength workout from it, resistance bands aside (I had some tubing that offers more resistance than what came pre-packed).

I don't enjoy running very much, but I think the variety works your core better, with jumps, squats, a couple types of crunch that running's not going to get. I think ultimately, I'll use it to augment a fuller workout plan, but it's a good way to get from 0 to started.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:08 pm

The Adam wrote:By the way, ren. You were WAY WRONG. I got EA Active2 for the Kinect, and I did get a functional tangible work out from it.

Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:10 am

Oh, there's a thing that takes video/pictures you can upload.

I disabled that immediately because seeing my own douchebaggery was not something that made the experience more fun.

Also, MLB season has seriously fucked with my video game time. I'm under an hour this week, and of my new games, outside of about a 10 minute trial of a couple games, I'm still just playing Gears of War 1. Though that pumping station on hardcore is seriously fucking with my noob ass. But I want the gamerscore...
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby An Adam » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 am

Finished Devil May Cry 4. The switch of characters midway through the game is odd, especially since they're so different. But somehow, it worked. You get to have fun switching up and learning new skills. My only complaint would be the boss battles, as they were a little simple, esp if you had the DT ready to go.

Not wanting to pause and switch weapons, use items, etc was one of the reasons that I kinda stayed away from the Mass Effect games (that and they're described as RPG instead of Action - and I never really did RPG), but it wasn't a big problem in DMC4, though probably used less than it would be in ME. Either way, I'll now get the ME games.

Now, it's on to Ren's rec of Bayonetta, with a little Street Fighter worked in.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:29 am

If you enjoyed DMC4 at all, I can promise you you'll enjoy Bayonetta. Best action game of all time without question.

ME is great too, don't let the RPG moniker fool you.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Just getting into it for about an hour today, there's complexity, layers, and fun game play with quick, fluid controls. A winner so far.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 pm

The Adam wrote:Just getting into it for about an hour today, there's complexity, layers, and fun game play with quick, fluid controls. A winner so far.

It gets better and better. I think the guy that made the original Devil May Cry made Bayonetta as well. Keep us posted.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 am

The way the mechanics change completely to fight bosses is strange. And it almost feels like there's too much going on. Then, there's required back tracking to get to secret missions which is kind of annoying. Right now, I'm through the first 4 chapters, I like DMC4 a little better, but this is fun.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:02 pm

The Adam wrote:The way the mechanics change completely to fight bosses is strange. And it almost feels like there's too much going on. Then, there's required back tracking to get to secret missions which is kind of annoying. Right now, I'm through the first 4 chapters, I like DMC4 a little better, but this is fun.

The DMC series definitely takes itself a little more seriously than Bayonetta. I personally feel that if you've played one of the DMCs, you've played them all. Great stuff back in the PS2 days, but the formula is pretty tired anymore.

You're still in the fairly early goings of Bayonetta. I'd say that if you get to Chapter 10 and aren't impressed, then maybe the game isn't as universally appealing as I figured it'd be. The boss fights can be a bit overwhelming in scale, but they're never so big or arduous that you can't figure out what to do.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:12 pm

That was my first DMC game that I played.

I dunno, it's like I guess I don't really understand what I'm doing. I went to Vigrid after a stone, did nothing once i was there to find the stone. Now, I'm somewhere else entirely, but atleast it kinda feels like now I have a clue about what I'm doing. Now I'm 'chasing destiny' but it's still not clear if there's objectives.

I'm nitpicking here anyway, it's a good game.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby An Adam » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm still hunting the fucking stone, but now I'm toting a kid around, and apparently, I'm a super fucking whore because the kid is mine, and I don't remember having her.

And this fucker Image from the lions is the creator of all things light and dark.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 pm

I seen you on there playing Chapter X. I wish Bayonetta was a real life woman and that she was my slave. Even the voice actress that plays her is a hottie. Have you beat it yet?
Ren
Dirty Mexican

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games