PS3

No n00bz allowed.

PS3

Postby Ren » Sat May 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Image
Last edited by Ren on Sat May 07, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: PS3

Postby Ren » Sat May 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Follow the Playstation Network on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/Fake_PSN

Lets just make.believe the network is up.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: PS3

Postby Ren » Sat May 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Gonna hop on Xbox Live for a few hours. Will check in here later.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: PS3

Postby Ren » Sat May 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Whew. Looks like xbox live is still up and running.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: PS3

Postby Ren » Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm

PSN is online right now.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: PS3

Postby thelaird » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Nice of them to give everyone inFamous and LBP. Definitely check those two out if you haven't played them.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: PS3

Postby Steve » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:15 am

thelaird wrote:Nice of them to give everyone inFamous and LBP. Definitely check those two out if you haven't played them.


Word. I picked up LBP and Wipeout since I already own Infamous.
Steve
 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: PS3

Postby Zach » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:20 am

I'm picking up inFamous and Wipeout on my account. I'll use my brother in laws account to grab LBP.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
User avatar
Zach
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:00 pm

Re: PS3

Postby thelaird » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:23 am

Yeah, I grabbed inFamous and Wipeout since I already own LBP.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: PS3

Postby Ren » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 am

It's an empty gesture on their part. Giving away Infamous on the heels of Infamous 2's release, and giving away LBP a short while after LBP2's release. And then 3 ittybitty downloadable games. Sony definitely bungled this generation of consoles.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: PS3

Postby Zach » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Ren wrote:It's an empty gesture on their part. Giving away Infamous on the heels of Infamous 2's release, and giving away LBP a short while after LBP2's release. And then 3 ittybitty downloadable games. Sony definitely bungled this generation of consoles.


Meh. I got to play games I enjoyed. From my perspective they did fine.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
User avatar
Zach
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:00 pm

Re: PS3

Postby thelaird » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Obviously it would be have nice to get the newer games, but are you really complaining about getting 2 of the best exclusives on the platform (on any platform for that matter) for free? The PSN outage barely affected me at all (my roommate tried to use Netflix on the last day of the outage) and I'm coming away with 4 free games that I wouldn't have otherwise. Most people already own at least one of those games, but even still, I think its more than fair.

As for the ittybitty downloadable games, I'm actually having the most fun with Wipeout HD right now.
Image
User avatar
thelaird
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: PS3

Postby Ren » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:39 pm

thelaird wrote:Obviously it would be have nice to get the newer games, but are you really complaining about getting 2 of the best exclusives on the platform (on any platform for that matter) for free? The PSN outage barely affected me at all (my roommate tried to use Netflix on the last day of the outage) and I'm coming away with 4 free games that I wouldn't have otherwise. Most people already own at least one of those games, but even still, I think its more than fair.

As for the ittybitty downloadable games, I'm actually having the most fun with Wipeout HD right now.


Well, first things first, Infamous sucks balls. Secondly, LBP was never the same after they neutered the game by 'moderating' it. Thirdly, the two major exclusives they're releasing here are 2 and 3 years old, not exactly earthshattering. Fourthly, just because the outage didn't affect you doesn't mean it wasn't a complete and abject failure.

I don't think I'm complaining since I never play mine, just commenting on how transparent of a move it is on Sony's part. There's no question they're trying to recoup some money here. They've squandered every last bit of good will and reverence that I had for them as a company since the PS2 days, so this is just another drop in the bucket for me. They're also a bunch of pussies. Trying to sue GeoHotz because he successfully modded their console was a bitch move.

I loved Wipeout back in the PS1 days, so I'm sure the HD remake is fun too.
User avatar
Ren
Dirty Mexican
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am
Location: the internet

Re: PS3

Postby Meng » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Playstation Plus is pretty cool, but I don't think I'm going to resubscribe to it once my free subscription runs out. It's nice getting a free game every once in a while, but it's not worth having unless you buy a lot of PSN games, which I don't.

I got Dead Nation as 1 of my free games and have recently started to play it. It's much better than I expected it to be. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it's impossible to get into an online game. This is a game that would be much more fun to play with other people, but the online is glitched and won't connect me to a game.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Re: PS3

Postby Steve » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Meng wrote:Playstation Plus is pretty cool, but I don't think I'm going to resubscribe to it once my free subscription runs out. It's nice getting a free game every once in a while, but it's not worth having unless you buy a lot of PSN games, which I don't.

I got Dead Nation as 1 of my free games and have recently started to play it. It's much better than I expected it to be. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it's impossible to get into an online game. This is a game that would be much more fun to play with other people, but the online is glitched and won't connect me to a game.


I agree, I took advantage of it to get early access to the Uncharted 3 Beta and picked up a few games on sale last week but will let it expire after the month is up.
Steve
 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Next

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron