E3 up in this bitch

No n00bz allowed.

E3 up in this bitch

Postby Ren » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Streaming live here:

http://www.youtube.com/E3?feature=ticker

On the Microsoft press conference right now.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Re: E3 up in this bitch

Postby Steve » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Halo 4 FTMFW
Steve

Postby Ren » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Steve wrote:Halo 4 FTMFW

I was super excited about Halo Anniversary when they said that they are keeping everything from Halo:CE the same except for the graphics. Then they said that the multiplayer will use Reach's engine and physics. Fuck that.

Halo 4 should be awesome assuming they don't use any bullshit from Reach.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Steve » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Ren wrote:

I was super excited about Halo Anniversary when they said that they are keeping everything from Halo:CE the same except for the graphics. Then they said that the multiplayer will use Reach's engine and physics. Fuck that.

Well I assume they won't be using Reach's engine since its not being developed by Bungie. Although in the teaser Master Chief had a jetpack on so they may keep armor abilities (ugh).
Steve

Postby Ren » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:07 am

Steve wrote:
Ren wrote:

Well I assume they won't be using Reach's engine since its not being developed by Bungie. Although in the teaser Master Chief had a jetpack on so they may keep armor abilities (ugh).

I would imagine that given Microsoft's deathgrip on the Halo franchise that 343 Industries probably has some sort of access to Bungie's engine. You can clearly see in one of the trailers that a Reach-looking character model is firing a rocket on a map that looks like Beaver Creek, and it makes that retarded clanging noise like in Reach when the enemy dies. Man that game is so bad.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby thelaird » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:08 am

People still get excited about Halo? ... why? :confused:
thelaird

Postby Steve » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:10 am

Ren wrote:
Steve wrote:
Ren wrote:

I would imagine that given Microsoft's deathgrip on the Halo franchise that 343 Industries probably has some sort of access to Bungie's engine. You can clearly see in one of the trailers that a Reach-looking character model is firing a rocket on a map that looks like Beaver Creek, and it makes that retarded clanging noise like in Reach when the enemy dies. Man that game is so bad.

From what I've heard, the video wasn't made with in-game footage so its hard to read too much into anything right now.
Steve

Postby Ren » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Steve wrote:From what I've heard, the video wasn't made with in-game footage so its hard to read too much into anything right now.

My understanding is that Frank O'Connor of 343 got up onstage for the whole world to see and said that Anniversary's multiplayer would be using the Reach engine/physics. I don't have a link, but that has been confirmed by 3 different internet friends who were watching e3, so I'm inclined to believe it. I hope that's wrong.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Ren » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:23 pm

thelaird wrote:People still get excited about Halo? ... why? :confused:

Probably for the same reasons they get excited over a new iteration in any overwhelmingly popular series.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby Steve » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Ren wrote:
Steve wrote:From what I've heard, the video wasn't made with in-game footage so its hard to read too much into anything right now.

My understanding is that Frank O'Connor of 343 got up onstage for the whole world to see and said that Anniversary's multiplayer would be using the Reach engine/physics. I don't have a link, but that has been confirmed by 3 different internet friends who were watching e3, so I'm inclined to believe it. I hope that's wrong.

Oh yeah, I heard the Halo 1 remake was using the Reach engine.
Steve

Postby thelaird » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 am

thelaird

Return to Video Games