Sportsfix Election

A place to show your less than three for Obama.

Who are you voting for?

Chuck Baldwin
No votes
Bob Barr
4%
John McCain
12%
Cynthia McKinney
4%
Ralph Nader
4%
Barack Obama
60%
I'm not voting this year.
12%
Write-in (asplain)
4%

Total votes : 25

Sportsfix Election

Postby Ren » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Who are you voting for this time around? Curious to see who the Fix would vote in for prez.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Re: Sportsfix Election

Postby Kenny Powers » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:48 pm

If my vote mattered, I'd go with Obama. But he'll win Illinois even if he went on TV tomorrow and said "Fuck all honkeys". Hell, he'd probably still beat McCain's sorry ass.

I haven't decided yet if I'm even going to waste my time standing in line at the polls. But since I don't have to stand in line here....
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
Kenny Powers
The Mole

Postby WebHead » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:16 pm

I'm going with Obama. I've watched my family, who are the least likely to get political, getting involved with his campaign. So that's something right there.
WebHead

Postby Xero » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:27 am

I smell what Barack is cookin'.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby Ren » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 am

Remember to vote with paper ballots, guys. I don't want any 2000 shens to be going on this year.
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby dougiejays » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:52 am

Killface wrote:If my vote mattered, I'd go with Obama. But he'll win Illinois even if he went on TV tomorrow and said "Fuck all honkeys". Hell, he'd probably still beat McCain's sorry ass.

I haven't decided yet if I'm even going to waste my time standing in line at the polls. But since I don't have to stand in line here....

If my vote mattered, I'd go with Obama too. But...um....well....my vote really doesn't matter.
.363 - Jays blog
dougiejays

Postby Vandy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:01 am

Ren wrote:Remember to vote with paper ballots, guys. I don't want any 2000 shens to be going on this year.

how does that work? Since forever we've had the lever-based machines in NY are they risky?

Would i just go in and say i want a paper ballot and is it something they should have?
Image Image
Vandy

Postby Mark O » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Didn't paper ballots cause the 2000 shenanigans?

I voted this past Tuesday. It's kind of funny, being in Illinois, moreover, in Chicago, but things felt distinctly on the up and up. It was electronic, but it was a double review process. First, I got an electronic summary, then when I approved that, there was a shielded (as in I couldn't rip it out) paper readout that dialed up next to the machine.

I was kind of in Duck's spot. Have been pretty much every year that I've been able to vote in the Presidential election. The Democrat is, and has been, going to just romp through the state. On top of that, I'm still sore at the Democrats for not allowing me the option to vote third party in 2004 (and also running such a garbage candidate as Kerry). When I sat down at my poll, well I voted "no" on the Constitutional Convention Illinois wants to call first (Duck, if you need a reason to get to the polls, that should be a pretty good one), then I stared at the presidential candidates for about 3 minutes. I almost cast my second vote for Nader, but in the end, I wanted to see Obama get more votes than Bush 04, and for the first time, I actually have an iota of faith in a major party candidate, and who knows when that's going to happen again.
Free shit. More free shit.
TheLaird wrote:Never had cancer, but I'm pretty sure I could no-hit the Royals if given a chance.
Mark O
Teh phpbb Ubern00b

Postby Kenny Powers » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Evil Gnarls wrote:Didn't paper ballots cause the 2000 shenanigans?

I voted this past Tuesday. It's kind of funny, being in Illinois, moreover, in Chicago, but things felt distinctly on the up and up. It was electronic, but it was a double review process. First, I got an electronic summary, then when I approved that, there was a shielded (as in I couldn't rip it out) paper readout that dialed up next to the machine.

I was kind of in Duck's spot. Have been pretty much every year that I've been able to vote in the Presidential election. The Democrat is, and has been, going to just romp through the state. On top of that, I'm still sore at the Democrats for not allowing me the option to vote third party in 2004 (and also running such a garbage candidate as Kerry). When I sat down at my poll, well I voted "no" on the Constitutional Convention Illinois wants to call first (Duck, if you need a reason to get to the polls, that should be a pretty good one), then I stared at the presidential candidates for about 3 minutes. I almost cast my second vote for Nader, but in the end, I wanted to see Obama get more votes than Bush 04, and for the first time, I actually have an iota of faith in a major party candidate, and who knows when that's going to happen again.

Quite honestly, this is the first I've even heard of this.
A lot of people ask me, "Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
Kenny Powers
The Mole

Postby Mark O » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Killface wrote:

http://conconillinois.com/

Regardless of what they say here, it just takes a second to think about who would be in charge of something like this and realize it's just a horrible idea.
TheLaird wrote:Never had cancer, but I'm pretty sure I could no-hit the Royals if given a chance.
Mark O
Teh phpbb Ubern00b

Postby Kenny Powers » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:07 pm

Evil Gnarls wrote:
Killface wrote:

http://conconillinois.com/

Regardless of what they say here, it just takes a second to think about who would be in charge of something like this and realize it's just a horrible idea.

I was reading through that bit of text under the video there, and saw these little words.

"With citizen leadership..."

I know far too many citizens, and I don't want any of them in charge of jack shit.
Kenny Powers
The Mole

Postby Mark O » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:20 pm

Yeah, "citizen leadership" is a great doublespeak term. The definition here means "Blago, Madigan, and the rest of the usual clowns behind them.".
Mark O
Teh phpbb Ubern00b

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:56 pm

GObama!! My mom has never voted in any election but after watching Obama's 30 minute ad before the world series game she has decided she is going to vote for him...I never thought I would see the day.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Kenny Powers » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Dan wrote:GObama!! My mom has never voted in any election but after watching Obama's 30 minute ad before the world series game she has decided she is going to vote for him...I never thought I would see the day.

My grandma watched that as well, and her response was somewhat different.

"Dammit. He's going to win, isn't he? I just don't understand what's wrong with people."
Kenny Powers
The Mole

Postby thelaird » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Vandy wrote:
Ren wrote:Remember to vote with paper ballots, guys. I don't want any 2000 shens to be going on this year.

how does that work? Since forever we've had the lever-based machines in NY are they risky?

Would i just go in and say i want a paper ballot and is it something they should have?

http://dvice.com/voting/index.php
thelaird

Next

Return to Church and State