Biden

A place to show your less than three for Obama.

Biden

Postby AlexR » Sun May 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner, who, along with Grover Cleveland, is the only president to skip the gathering.

According to the report, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment."

Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn't be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall."


Obviously, it was safe to assume that there was some kind of secure bunker in the VP's residence, but for god sakes some things are better left unsaid. I really hope no one gets the brilliant idea of electing this guy president in 8 years.
The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

Image
User avatar
AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Biden

Postby jeff » Mon May 18, 2009 12:14 am

Biden says some dumb ass things, but I think he could be a decent president. If you know your history, and I doubt you do, Biden had a fair shot at being president 20 years ago, or at least the dem rep, but for some reason he is a bit of a plagiarist and it came to light during his run and ruined his bid. While his speaking missteps are sometimes scarily close to Bush's, thankfully that is about all the two have in common as far as intelligence.

However, you don't have to worry about Biden being president after Obama's possible eight because he won't run for it. Biden accepted this VP position, I think, because he knew it would be the highest position he will ever reach. Not only would Biden have the whole plagiarism thing going against him again if he ran, but also his speaking gaffs and age, which would be mid-70s before the time came for him to have to run. In all honesty, I'm not even sure Biden will be Obama's running mate in the next election, but I am sure the Dems would not support him running for president at any point in time from here on out.

Going back to the failed bid 20 years ago, perhaps it's a shame he didn't get the nod. If he did, maybe we wouldn't be in this senseless struggle in Iraq right now.
jeff
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm

Re: Biden

Postby AlexR » Mon May 18, 2009 7:08 am

jeff wrote:If you know your history, and I doubt you do,


You know, I have tough skin but I seriously get sick of this shit.
The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

Image
User avatar
AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Biden

Postby jeff » Mon May 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Yeah... I'm not sure if you're expecting me to care or what, but I am certainly not sorry for thinking you are an idiot.
Last edited by jeff on Mon May 18, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeff
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm

Re: Biden

Postby WebHead » Mon May 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Secret bunker? That's how I want my government to be run. With fake threats and hiding in bunkers. Why is this even an issue? Wait nevermind, Fox News.
Image
User avatar
WebHead
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Biden

Postby An Adam » Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Hold on - wait. You're taking issue with there being a secret bunker for the VP, and that's some kind of condemnation of Cheney? Look, Cheney was a part of the lunatic fringe, I'm not here to question or debate that - but using the secure lockdown facility at the VP's quarters as evidence?

I would severely doubt that he built the thing, and secondly, when they were flying planes into buildings, I damn sure hope that he was locked down somewhere with big locks and thick walls... same for Bush.

Plus, at this rate, all the moderates that voted Obama won't do so again next time. While the bush administration targeted our personal freedoms, the new regime has gone after our free market with insane vigor.

I'm one of many, many, many people who was ready to vote for McCain but couldn't tolerate the thought of that crazy bitch Palin in the oval office. I doubt the republicans will be that stupid next go around, and right now, Obama's got a LONG FUCKING WAY to earn my vote back the next time around.

Biden in 8 years? Hell, I'm sure he's not going to win VP again in 4.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Image
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
User avatar
An Adam
Romosexual
 
Posts: 6694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Re: Biden

Postby The Crystal Meth » Thu May 21, 2009 10:34 pm

The Adam wrote:Hold on - wait. You're taking issue with there being a secret bunker for the VP, and that's some kind of condemnation of Cheney? Look, Cheney was a part of the lunatic fringe, I'm not here to question or debate that - but using the secure lockdown facility at the VP's quarters as evidence?

I would severely doubt that he built the thing, and secondly, when they were flying planes into buildings, I damn sure hope that he was locked down somewhere with big locks and thick walls... same for Bush.

Plus, at this rate, all the moderates that voted Obama won't do so again next time. While the bush administration targeted our personal freedoms, the new regime has gone after our free market with insane vigor.

I'm one of many, many, many people who was ready to vote for McCain but couldn't tolerate the thought of that crazy bitch Palin in the oval office. I doubt the republicans will be that stupid next go around, and right now, Obama's got a LONG FUCKING WAY to earn my vote back the next time around.

Biden in 8 years? Hell, I'm sure he's not going to win VP again in 4.


You Do realize there is still 3 and a half years to go, right? :lol:
Hooch is Seriously Crazy
The Crystal Meth
Black Chad
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:37 pm

Re: Biden

Postby An Adam » Sun May 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Wait, everyone else talking about what happens in EIGHT years is ok, but 3.5 isn't? Huh?

And he's got 3.5 years to not be the complete fuck up he's been since january.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Image
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
User avatar
An Adam
Romosexual
 
Posts: 6694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Re: Biden

Postby WebHead » Tue May 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Funny thing about the Naval Observatory, and here's the thing that'll blow your fucking mind:

It's a public fucking building.

It was built in Washington DC.... and oh I don't know, between 1950 to 1980 every building in Washington probably had a bunker built in it. It's not hard to put two and two together.
Image
User avatar
WebHead
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Biden

Postby Dan » Wed May 27, 2009 8:34 am

AlexR wrote:
jeff wrote:If you know your history, and I doubt you do,


You know, I have tough skin but I seriously get sick of this shit.


Maybe you should start looking stuff up or actually thinking about them before posting?
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Image
User avatar
Dan
Snape and Harry die
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 pm

Re: Biden

Postby AlexR » Wed May 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Dan wrote:
AlexR wrote:
jeff wrote:If you know your history, and I doubt you do,


You know, I have tough skin but I seriously get sick of this shit.


Maybe you should start looking stuff up or actually thinking about them before posting?


What was to look up? It was a simple opinion...I hope no one gets the crazy idea of electing Biden president.
The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

Image
User avatar
AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:52 pm


Return to Church and State

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron