So does anyone actually like this health care bill?

A place to show your less than three for Obama.

Re: So does anyone actually like this health care bill?

Postby Alex » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Jellis wrote:so can anyone some this shit up, I want to know how they are anally raping me with this one

Starting in 2014, you have to have health insurance or pay a tax penalty of $750 a year. Insurance companies can't deny you coverage if you have a pre-existing condition, and they can't drop you or raise your rates if you get sick. If you make less than $44k a year, the government will pay some percentage of your premiums for you.

There's a lot more details, but those are the big parts that will affect most people.
Alex

Postby An Adam » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:56 am

That's all from the takeover of the student loan program
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Ren » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:45 pm

We have to start paying forward on this shit now though right? When does it take effect?
Ren
Dirty Mexican

Postby An Adam » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Depends, if you're in a union, 2018 because obama blows you. If you're you or me, 4 years. However, it'll be repealed in January.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Ren wrote:We have to start paying forward on this shit now though right? When does it take effect?

Some of the new taxes (like the tax on cosmetic surgery) take effect immediately. The tax penalty for not having health insurance takes effect in 2014. There are a few immediate benefits, but most of those don't go into effect until 2014 either. A lot of it is paid for with cuts to Medicare, also. I'm not sure when those take effect.
Alex

Postby Casey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 am

Well, hopefully I'll be dead by 2014, but in the case I'm not, $750 is cheaper than insurance. FAIL. The two biggest things I wanted to see are either marginally addressed or neglected entirely - 1) allowing insurance to compete across state lines and 2) taking away the ties that bind insurance to employment.

I know these were both mentioned by Alex but they need to be re-iterated. If the bill had addressed these two things alone suitably, a lot of other problems would've been solved.

Medicare's almost insolvent anyway, or will be soon. I work billing Medicare and Medicaid regularly, and they're on their last fucking legs.
"Your agony is gorgeous."
Casey

Previous

Return to Church and State