NL Central Thread

Does anybody still doubt that the reds are going to be the real deal this year?

Re: NL Central Thread

Postby thelaird » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Man, let me tell you how torn up I am that Lohse won't be returning next year.
thelaird

Postby dougiejays » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm

I didn't really watch the series, but is Kozma anywhere near as bad as he looked in the highlights?
.363 - Jays blog
dougiejays

Postby Meng » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 pm

It sucks to lose in the NLCS when your team is up 3-1, doesn't it?
Meng

Postby thelaird » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 am

Heh. It's a lot easier to handle when you've won the World Series some time in the last 100 years.
thelaird

Postby Zach » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:56 am

thelaird wrote:Side note: I'm really, really rooting for Matt Holliday tonight. I'm so sick of seeing the so-called "Best Fans in Baseball" take any opportunity to bash Holliday. He's been one of our best and most-consistent bats over the last few years and a total bargain at that. The only thing Cardinals fans seem to remember is that one play vs the Dodgers in 2009. One error doesn't outweigh three and a half years of All-Star production.

That's such a great memory though!

I don't understand their hatred for him either given how good he has been for them.

thelaird wrote:Can anyone tell me why the Giants fans boo Beltran? I'm pretty sure they didn't even try to re-sign him.

That's not how the story has been reported in California (inside sources). Apparently he wanted more years than the Giants were willing to offer.

Giants fans are also a bunch of morons (I have some friends that are Giants fans and good fans at that. They can't stand a majority of their own fan base.). A lot of new ones on the bandwagon the last year or so.

dougiejays wrote:I didn't really watch the series, but is Kozma anywhere near as bad as he looked in the highlights?

He was that bad at the wrong times. I doubt they make the playoffs without him though. He just picked the wrong time to turn back into the utility infielder (24th man on the roster) that he really is.

Laird would know a lot more about him though.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Zach

Postby thelaird » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:58 pm

I've actually heard a lot of talk that they are the real Best Fans in Baseball or that they at least have very good ones. I was losing a lot of sleep over that, so I'm glad to know our title is secure.

And yeah, that's kinda the story on Kozma. Utility infielder, at best, probably a career minor leaguer. The Cardinals came close to dropping him from the 40-man a number of times. He has no bat to speak of, so it wasn't a surprise when he fell flat in the NLCS. However, he showed a plus glove in the minors, so he probably just had a bad week in the field. I'm guessing he did well enough to lock up a job as Furcal's backup next season, which is unfortunate, because we have too many glove-only types already.
thelaird

Postby thelaird » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 pm

This Pirates SEAL training is a total mess. As if the Pirates weren't enough of a joke as it is. You can't help but wonder how it'll effect their ability to sign their draft picks next year.
thelaird

Postby Meng » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:13 pm

What they did is retarded. Their only chance to become good is by building up players through their farm system. Their SEAL training injured one of their top prospects and will likely cost them a player or 2 that they draft. It seems like they want to be under .500 for the next 20 years too.
Meng

Postby thelaird » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 am

Three year contracts for relievers usually work out pretty well.
thelaird

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 am

shin soo choo mother fuckers!!!
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby thelaird » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:06 pm

hah
thelaird

Postby thelaird » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 pm

RIP Chris Carpenter

:\

You know baseball season is close when a Cardinal ace is announcing he'll miss the entire season.
thelaird

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Mark Prior. Bitches.

Also, The Cuban Missile (Aroldis Chapman) pitched a perfect two innings in his first preseason start this year. Our rotation this year is going to be SICK
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby thelaird » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 am

It would be nice if the season started before we lost anymore players. Christ.
thelaird

Postby Cubbies » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Who went down now?
Ted Nolan, Islanders Coach, after a 2-1 win last Saturday: "My Philosophy has always been if we score one more than them, we have a good chance of winning."
Cubbies

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball