The WWE Thread

This is the best you're getting. Deal.

Postby Meng » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

I don't know why you think it's between them. I feel it's between Jericho and MVP. I got Jericho winning although I want Morrison or MVP.

I doubt that anyone thinks Carlito's going to win or even wants him in the match.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Postby Xero » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:35 pm

While I thought about the Jericho possibility (and it'd give him a reason to hang around the main event scene without looking like a tard vs. JBL and the like) .. I don't think they really want to push someone like Jericho with a victory here. MITB is kind of like the new King of the Ring ... where it's used to launch up-and-coming guys on the path to stardom. Kennedy's path was cut short last year, so I think they could give him another shot this year. However, if they continue with the "who is McMahon's son" storyline Kennedy could be involved in that, leaving it open for MVP or Morrison.

Why I don't think MVP will win: Matt Hardy. MVP wins MITB, and Hardy comes back to do what... beat him for the US Title? IMO, that makes MVP look bad.

I would REALLY like to see Benjamin win it, as I think he has the tools to go far... but for some reason WWE has no idea what to do with him.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
User avatar
Xero
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Postby Meng » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Xero wrote:While I thought about the Jericho possibility (and it'd give him a reason to hang around the main event scene without looking like a tard vs. JBL and the like) .. I don't think they really want to push someone like Jericho with a victory here. MITB is kind of like the new King of the Ring ... where it's used to launch up-and-coming guys on the path to stardom. Kennedy's path was cut short last year, so I think they could give him another shot this year. However, if they continue with the "who is McMahon's son" storyline Kennedy could be involved in that, leaving it open for MVP or Morrison.

Why I don't think MVP will win: Matt Hardy. MVP wins MITB, and Hardy comes back to do what... beat him for the US Title? IMO, that makes MVP look bad.

I would REALLY like to see Benjamin win it, as I think he has the tools to go far... but for some reason WWE has no idea what to do with him.


Jericho hasn't been WWE champion in so long that it would be like him winning for the first time if he ever does win it again.

Every time Kennedy's been considered for a big program something's screwed it up. I don't think they're even as high on him anymore either. He hasn't really done anything all year.

Yes, Hardy can still beat MVP for the title. Remember, he doesn't have to use the title shot for a year. They have a year to build him up. Also, RVD lost the Intercontinental title less than a month before he used his MITB briefcase to win the title.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Postby Xero » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:32 pm

I see your point with the RVD validation, but consider that it's RVD .. and it was leading to the fall of a deeply hated Cena at an ECW event.

MVP is no RVD .. but I do see your point.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
User avatar
Xero
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Postby Meng » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 pm

It's not like Kennedy was being built up that strong after he won MITB last year. I think he had lost to Matt Hardy on Smackdown sometime between him winning MITB and his injury.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:26 am

I think Davidson really has a good shot at knocking off Wisconsin.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Image
User avatar
Dan
Snape and Harry die
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 pm

Postby Kevin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:12 pm

So, did anybody actually watch Wrestlemania last night?
Image
User avatar
Kevin
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: Williamsburg, VA

Postby andrew » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 pm

andrew
 
Posts: 4372
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:23 am

Postby Meng » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:38 pm

I've only seen the MITB match and Belfast Brawl so far. The Brawl was good and the MITB match was awesome. Morrison's moonsault was awesome. Shelton looked like he died.

Tonight's Raw had maybe the greatest ending to a Raw ever. It's nice to have a tribute to someone that didn't just die.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Postby An Adam » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:25 pm

I kept waiting for the angle to come in.

Michaels a kick or something.

Is Batista supposed to be the heel here for hating Michaels now? Or is Michaels the guy for killing flair?
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Image
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
User avatar
An Adam
Romosexual
 
Posts: 6694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Postby Meng » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:45 pm

The Adam wrote:I kept waiting for the angle to come in.

Michaels a kick or something.

Is Batista supposed to be the heel here for hating Michaels now? Or is Michaels the guy for killing flair?


I'm sure it's going to be Batista who's the heel. Quite frankly, both of them could use a heel turn.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Postby Xero » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:51 pm

I don't think the fans are ready for a HBK heel turn already.

Batista on the other hand, is well overdue for one. Nobody really cares about him as a face, so he needs to do something.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
User avatar
Xero
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Postby Meng » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Xero wrote:I don't think the fans are ready for a HBK heel turn already.

Batista on the other hand, is well overdue for one. Nobody really cares about him as a face, so he needs to do something.


HBK's short heel turn in 2005 was the best thing that happened that year.

Batista doesn't have much to do anymore as a face anyways. A heel turn and a move to Raw would really help him.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

Postby Xero » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:43 pm

A heel turn on Smackdown would benefit both Smackdown and Batista.

They have no characters worth a shit right now.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
User avatar
Xero
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Postby Meng » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:49 pm

Xero wrote:A heel turn on Smackdown would benefit both Smackdown and Batista.

They have no characters worth a shit right now.


They already got the 2 best heels in the company, Edge and MVP.
Meng
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron