Wrestling Thread 09

This is the best you're getting. Deal.

Wrestling Thread 09

Postby Xero » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 am

I figured we could start fresh with Jim Ross... an oldie, but goodie.

The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Re: Wrestling Thread 09

Postby Meng » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:25 pm

I love that HOF video for Austin.

Also, Swagger being champion is awesome.
Meng

Postby Ryan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:38 pm

i dont get what theyre doing with the legacy. i saw dibiase going back coming, but whats gunna happen with manu and snuka? they cant be kept out of the legacy and expect to do anything or get over.

and i really hate how theyre introducing christian. they dont need to go through this trying to kill jeff hardy thing. the fans are gunna cheer him no matter what.

Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby Xero » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm not a fan of Swagger. He reminds me of Mark Jindrak/Sean O'Haire combined into one person.
The Adam wrote:"This segment of the show brought to you by new Kibbles and Belles. Kibbles and Belles, now with 8% more hoof."
Xero

Postby Meng » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:30 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Snuka and Manu were done. They don't really fit in a stable like the Legacy. I just don't see much potential in either of them.

I am glad that they're giving Christian a big push when he returns. He should get a pretty high profile match at Wrestlemania now. Also, are you sure he's going to get cheered anyways when he returns. I have a feeling around 30% of the audience won't even know who he is when he shows up.
Meng

Postby An Adam » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:50 pm

canadian on canadian crime, when will it stop
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Meng » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm sure he's going to get criticized a ton for hitting a woman, but good for him. She started it and deserved to get hit.
Meng

Postby Xero » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Fuck that bitch. Stupid wrestling marks.
Xero

Postby Vandy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:00 pm

I saw a commercial this morning that they are going to have wrestling at a high school near me. Well we know what happened to Snitsky as he will be there along with a bunch of washed up wrestlers like Mable. $15 includes autographs before the matches.

Thing i find funny is Jerry Lawler and Hacksaw Jim Dugan will be there. I wouldnt think they would need to work that scene.
Image Image
Vandy

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:53 pm

not much wrestling talk lately. what does everyone think of the probable wrestlemania matches?

triple h vs. orton - wwe championship
edge vs. cena - world championship...again
hardy vs. hardy
michaels vs. undertaker - hopefully. JBL better not be part of this
money in the bank

i pegged the triple h/orton feud with officially outing the hhh/steph marriage to the 20% of the people that didnt actually know about it. given enough time, this can be a pretty good feud.

Don Von Titlehoot wrote:The first time I ever played the skin flute was to Lisa's bikini picture.
Ryan

Postby Xero » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Vandy wrote:I saw a commercial this morning that they are going to have wrestling at a high school near me. Well we know what happened to Snitsky as he will be there along with a bunch of washed up wrestlers like Mable. $15 includes autographs before the matches.

Thing i find funny is Jerry Lawler and Hacksaw Jim Dugan will be there. I wouldnt think they would need to work that scene.

Well, we know for a fact that Lawler doesn't, he's set for life. He does it for the hell of it.
Xero

Postby Ryan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 pm

so...they arent really going to put the big show in one of the main event title matches at wrestlemania...are they?

and they better not give the jericho vs. legend match to lawler, seriously. lawler is a 2nd tier "legend" AT BEST. ive heard hogan's name thrown about, but he might end up facing cena.

and whats up with kane and mark henry in the MITB match? kane is a total jobber now and mark henry just sucks. god, they were going in all the right directions until this week., wtf?

so far the card looks like:

triple h vs. orton - wwe title
jeff vs. matt
michaels vs. taker
mitb - punk/kane/henry, more TBA
edge vs. big show? - world title
cena vs. somebody
jericho vs. a "legend"
probably a divas match thrown in there

not much room for much else. i dont forsee an ECW title match, and vince doesnt even know what a tag team is anymore. mysterio isnt in the MITB match so whats he going to do?

Ryan

Postby Meng » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:54 am

I'm surprised to hear so many people think that Edge vs. Big Show is actually going to happen at Wrestlemania. It's obviously going to be Edge vs. Big Show vs. Cena at Mania.

Also, after reading the Smackdown spoilers, you can add Finlay, Benjamin, and MVP to MITB. So now you have Henry, Finlay, and Kane as guys you normally wouldn't think of as being in a ladder match.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a tag title unification match between the Colon and Miz/Morisson. I wouldn't put money on it, but it's a possibility.

Unfortunately, Maryse vs. Melina looks like it's going to happen. Maybe they'll add McCool in it, but no matter who's added, it's going to suck.

I wonder what they're going to do with Christian. I hope he takes one of the last 2 spots in MITB, but if he doesn't then he's going to be off Mania. I doubt they have another match with him and Swagger and besides for that, they have nothing for him. At least if he's added to MITB, he's another possible winner added to the field. Right now the only guys that have any shot at winning it are Punk and MVP. I don't see Punk winning it either since he won it last year.
Meng

Postby Xero » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:38 pm

I could see Punk winning it. He's young, he's running stale again .. why not push him as the only 2-time Mr Money in the Bank?

Where the hell is Kennedy, anyway? I saw him as being a contender for this year's MITB as well (for the 2-time winner reason), but I don't think he's been on TV since that DVD flopped.

Also, WTF at Henry in MITB? Just fuckin' fire him already. I can see Finlay because he's semi-agile and can take a BEATING, but they should have done something else with Kane... throw Kofi, Rey, Bourne, Christian, Morrison, Miz, MVP, CM Punk into the match and it'd be pretty sweet.
Xero

Postby Meng » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Henry and Kane are in it because of their years of service in WWE. I'm sure WWE wanted to get them on Wrestlemania and this was the easiest way to do so.

Kennedy's still out injured. I hope when he comes back, it's on ECW. They can then move Christian to either Raw or Smackdown.
Meng

Next

Return to Wrestling