new wrestling discussion thread

This is the best you're getting. Deal.

new wrestling discussion thread

Postby Ryan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:13 pm

just read that mark henry is out 4-6 months. no GAB for him.

all i have to say is you know what? good.

and SNME just bombed even worse than the first one. NBC will probably say no more of that.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby angie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:34 pm

Wrestling Sucks
angie

Postby andrew » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:52 pm

angie wrote:Wrestling Sucks

You suck more than wrestling does.
andrew

Postby Xero » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:14 pm

andrew wrote:

Hockey sucks more than angie does.

Yeah.
Xero

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:24 pm

Xero wrote:
andrew wrote:

Hockey sucks more than angie does.

Yeah.

Canada sucks more then Angie, but not more then hockey.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Meng » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:43 am

I was finally starting to like Mark Henry too. Now I wonder what they're gonna do with Batista. That was being built up to be the main event.
Meng

Postby Ryan » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:04 pm

apparently in addition to mark henry, lashley AND the great khali are both off the card too, presumably due to injuries. big show is now facing the undertaker and it hasnt been announced what is happening to the US title match.

this PPV is gunna go down as one of the worst ever, i think. close to last year's no way out bad.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby Chaz9920 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:53 pm

Ryan wrote:apparently in addition to mark henry, lashley AND the great khali are both off the card too, presumably due to injuries. big show is now facing the undertaker and it hasnt been announced what is happening to the US title match.

this PPV is gunna go down as one of the worst ever, i think. close to last year's no way out bad.

Wasn't half bad when the injuries weren't a factor but this is so odd.
Chaz9920
Timmy

Postby Meng » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:26 am

I'm pretty sure they announced it's going to be just Finlay vs. Regal for the US title. That will be a kickass match but it's going to have no heat. They're both heels and the fans aren't going to be cheering for either man.

I think the matches are going to be better now than they were before the injuries but there just is no buildup to these matches which is what helps make PPVs. Taking Lashley out will improve the Regal vs. Finlay match but they're both heels. Big Show vs. Taker will be so much better than Khali - Taker but they've been building up Khali vs. Taker for months. Batista vs. Mark Henry wasn't going to be a good match but they were building that up as their main event. Now they have Kennedy vs. Batista and I'm really hoping that they don't squash Kennedy since I think he could be a top heel. I fear that they will though.

This PPV may have the least amount of buildup to their matches of all time. There's no match that's had like more than 3 weeks of buildup.
Meng

Postby Meng » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:46 am

All hail the King and new World Champion, Booker T.
Meng

Postby Wickman'stheMessiah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:11 pm

When is Hulk Hogan going to quit, I thought last time was it?
Time Warner Sucks Sell the Team Assholes
Wickman'stheMessiah

Postby Meng » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:14 pm

From1sttoworst wrote:When is Hulk Hogan going to quit, I thought last time was it?

Who really knows? He's only wrestling 1 match a year now so it's not like he's over-doing it like Ric Flair is.
Meng

Postby Wickman'stheMessiah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:17 pm

Meng wrote:
From1sttoworst wrote:When is Hulk Hogan going to quit, I thought last time was it?

Who really knows? He's only wrestling 1 match a year now so it's not like he's over-doing it like Ric Flair is.

He looked a little flabby around the middle to me, or was that just a bad camera angle.
Wickman'stheMessiah

Postby Meng » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:36 pm

From1sttoworst wrote:
Meng wrote:

He looked a little flabby around the middle to me, or was that just a bad camera angle.

I didn't really notice it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. It's not like it's going to effect the quality of his match with Orton though. It's going to suck no matter what.
Meng

Postby Wickman'stheMessiah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:38 pm

Meng wrote:
From1sttoworst wrote:
Meng wrote:

I didn't really notice it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. It's not like it's going to effect the quality of his match with Orton though. It's going to suck no matter what.

Yeah I'm sure we're going to see some kind of outside interference.
Wickman'stheMessiah

Next

Return to Wrestling