new wrestling discussion thread

This is the best you're getting. Deal.

Postby Meng » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:08 am

I didn't see it, but apparently this may have been the worst ECW PPV of all time. Way to bury CM Punk, WWE.
Meng

Postby Ryan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:03 pm

apparently paul heyman just got canned cuz vince blames him for ECW blowing nuts despite taking creative control from him and not letting him do his own thing.

ECW is so bad right now.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby Meng » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:09 am

Ryan wrote:apparently paul heyman just got canned cuz vince blames him for ECW blowing nuts despite taking creative control from him and not letting him do his own thing.

ECW is so bad right now.

So true.

Smackdown > Impact > Raw > ECW
Meng

Postby The Crystal Meth » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 am

Vince is an idiot. He's trying to make ECW just like WWE. Where's the good ole days of the real ECW where there was no disqualifications and pretty much everything was "extreme".

And I miss Sandman's old entrance. Bastards.
Hooch is Seriously Crazy
The Crystal Meth
Black Chad

Postby Ryan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:43 am

i think metallica wont let WWE use "enter sandman" , thats why they cant do sandman's old entrance.

and no way meng. i still cant really get into smackdown. finlay and regal in the main event picture is brutal to me. their tag teams are non existent - their champs, kendrick and london, appear to be splitting, too, just like every other half decent team theyve had over the last 2 or 3 years. if i see one more batista vs. booker t match i might puke. that MVP guy sucks. their cruiserweight division was supposed to be going through major reconstruction and they havent done shit to it. its just so boring.

TNA > raw > smackdown > barney and friends > teletubbies > law and order special criminal victims units of los angeles, miami, and new york > ECW

THATS IT, THATS THE LIST.

i can envision heyman going to TNA to be a writer and maybe an on air personality in some kind of role, like a manager of the dudleys or some kind of former ECW guys stable. then sabu goes back after he gets the inevitable boot, RVD has pretty much said flat out when his contract's done in 6 months, he's TNA bound as well.

ECW will be deadand gone in a matter of a few months.
Ryan
The Sweet and Sour Avenger

Postby Meng » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:33 am

Ryan wrote:and no way meng. i still cant really get into smackdown. finlay and regal in the main event picture is brutal to me. their tag teams are non existent - their champs, kendrick and london, appear to be splitting, too, just like every other half decent team theyve had over the last 2 or 3 years. if i see one more batista vs. booker t match i might puke. that MVP guy sucks. their cruiserweight division was supposed to be going through major reconstruction and they havent done shit to it. its just so boring.

Regal isn't in their main event picture. He's in their tag team picture. Finlay's just a main event jobber who makes any match he's in good. Him being added to the Booker and Batista match last week made that match good. MVP's starting to grow on me. Smackdown always has the most wrestling action on the show and it isn't even close. They always have at least 1 10+ minute match. This past week they had 3 matches which were of good quality. Long matches is the one thing that neither of the 3 shows have on it. Oh yea, Smackdown also has the best announcer in the business, JBL, and they have Misterrrrrrrrrr........Kenneddyyyyyyyy......

................Kennedyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Meng

Postby Meng » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:34 am

Ryan wrote:i think metallica wont let WWE use "enter sandman" , thats why they cant do sandman's old entrance.

I think WWE had to pay $200,000 to use it at ECW One Night Stand 1. That's why they don't use it.
Meng

Postby Kevin » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:05 am

Cryme Tyme was fucking money, as usual.
Kevin

Postby Rusty » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:40 am

Meng wrote:
Ryan wrote:i think metallica wont let WWE use "enter sandman" , thats why they cant do sandman's old entrance.

I think WWE had to pay $200,000 to use it at ECW One Night Stand 1. That's why they don't use it.

was one of the best parts of the show, though.

that's the last memory of ECW I care to remember.
Rusty

Postby An Adam » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:56 am

ECW died when it went on TNN.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Vandy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:59 am

Rusty wrote:
Meng wrote:

was one of the best parts of the show, though.

that's the last memory of ECW I care to remember.

Metallica charges $$$ if they play that song?

Man i love them musically but they've turned into a bunch of money grubbing cunts.
Image Image
Vandy

Postby An Adam » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:01 pm

Everyone does, the performance rights are based on how wide an audience is reached.

Like Led Zepplin is paid for everyone of those caddiliac commercials.

The Reason they play the songs they do, is that they paid for them to be made. You never hear any outside music being played it's all stuff the WWE owns the performace rights to.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Meng » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:11 pm

The Adam wrote:Everyone does, the performance rights are based on how wide an audience is reached.

The Reason they play the songs they do, is that they paid for them to be made. You never hear any outside music being played it's all stuff the WWE owns the performace rights to.

Not necessarily true. There are some songs that WWE paid to use while on TV, but still didn't have the rights to use them on DVDs. One that comes to mind is "Rollin" when the Undertaker used to use it. I know there are others too, but nothing's coming to me right now.
Meng

Postby Vandy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:58 pm

The Adam wrote:Everyone does, the performance rights are based on how wide an audience is reached.

This is a little off topic but i figured you would know the answer to this TA.

With the whole controversy that went down last week with the Giants and Strahan calling out Plaxico on local NY radio ESPN said that Strahan made those comments during a paid radio appearance.

Everytime an athlete or any other guest appears on a radio show they get paid?
Image Image
Vandy

Postby Mark O » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:11 pm

Zep isn't on the Caddy commercials anymore....

Guess who is.
Free shit. More free shit.
TheLaird wrote:Never had cancer, but I'm pretty sure I could no-hit the Royals if given a chance.
Mark O
Teh phpbb Ubern00b

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling