Site Maintenance.

Sub board dedicated to the only fixer that likes soccer.
Also, he was a Mod at Sandbox, so he gets what he wants.

Site Maintenance.

Postby thelaird » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:28 am

To the three people that will see this...

I made a couple changes to the site. First, I upgraded the forum to the latest version. There were numerous conflicts between the mods I had installed on the forum and the latest version. Rather than wade through all of those, I just reverted to a mostly fresh install. If anyone cares enough, I can re-install some of those mods. Let me know what you want. Additionally, I also moved to a new server. Normally, if there was actually traffic to the site, there would be a bunch of posts missing. As it is, I think it's just a couple brilliant posts by Cubbies and TA. Sorry dudes, shitty luck. There is a silver lining though. If you had a fucking stupid as hell AL MVP stance, you can change your mind and no one will be the wiser.... looking at you TA.

Speaking of...

I know you worked hard on that karma. I can give you the number of a good therapist if you need help getting over that loss.

Aside from that, let me know if you see any other issues with the site.
thelaird

Re: Site Maintenance.

Postby Cubbies » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:47 pm

What did TA say? Anything interesting?
Ted Nolan, Islanders Coach, after a 2-1 win last Saturday: "My Philosophy has always been if we score one more than them, we have a good chance of winning."
Cubbies

Postby thelaird » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:09 am

Not really. Just something dumb about Trout not starting the season in the majors.
thelaird

Postby An Adam » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 am

I said that if he wants to be the best player in the AL, he should be good enough to be in the AL all season. Sorry, if you're not good enough to make the Angels, you're not good enough to be the MVP.
2-time Home Run Survivor Champion
Career Record: Eli Manning 29-25/Tony Romo 19-5
Singapore stick? The problem is Singapore is a big pussy country. Get a Jersey Stick, then come hit me.
An Adam
Romosexual

Postby Cubbies » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm

He actually was battling a flu for the majority of Spring Training which caused him to lose a lot of weight. Then as he always did, he crushed Triple A...and finally got called up.

Best player in the world!
Ted Nolan, Islanders Coach, after a 2-1 win last Saturday: "My Philosophy has always been if we score one more than them, we have a good chance of winning."
Cubbies

Postby andrew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 pm

If you win the triple crown, you win MVP.
andrew

Postby Cubbies » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 pm

If you just vote off of that, you are a moron.
Cubbies

Postby andrew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 pm

You are free to call me a moron once every fifty years.
andrew

Postby thelaird » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 am

Sure, but wouldn't you rather just not be a moron at all? There's only one reason to vote Cabrera. The one, single home run he hit to beat out Hamilton for the HR title. Without it, he has no claim to fame and no MVP.
thelaird

Return to Alex's Subforum