BCG fired

Due to circumstances beyond his control, this forum is also known as The Snitsky Forum. Discuss sports not covered in other forums such as wrestling, curling, hockey, basketball and more wrestling.

BCG fired

Postby AlexR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Dusty Mills is a happy man tonight.

Hopefully, Darius Miller leaves and heads up north to a better situation with his good friend Shelvin Mack.
The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Re: BCG fired

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Miller aint leaving, keep dreaming. Billy D, John Cali, Jay Wright, in that order.

I think it is going to be Billy D, Patterson will stay(Donovon was in his top 3), and Meeks will probably stay also. We will have a top 10 team next year.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby andrew » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 pm

It's funny you think one of those coaches will come to UK. Travis Ford will be your next coach
andrew

Postby AlexR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 pm

I wouldn't touch the Kentucky job with a ten foot poll. The Kentucky fan base is fucking retarded. Don't confuse passion with ignorance. You will get run off at Kentucky. It may take awhile but it will happen eventually.

Calipari would be out of his mind to take that job. He quite possibly has the greatest recruiting class ever coming in next year.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby andrew » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:24 pm

They had unfair expectations, Donovan has already said no, like AlexR said Calipari would be crazy to go, and right now I'd say Nova is a better job.
andrew

Postby jeff » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:11 am

Jay Wright said today that he was happy at 'Nova too. Any of those three would be dumb to leave their current schools, and I don't see it happening either.
jeff

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:49 pm

You guys are delusional, KY is still a top 5 job, and almost everyone is at least mildly interested. Coach Cali is reportedly interested, and he is our front runner right now. Travis Ford is on our third tier, Tom Izzo, Thad Miller, Jamie Dixon and Sean Miller are on the short 2nd Tier(1st one being Donovan/Calipari). UK's rivals forum, TheCatsPause(which gets mentioned by SVP on ESPN all the time) had 21,888 people on Friday. Most other schools can't even fill up arenas of half that size.

A facebook group created on March 26th has 5813 members. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=72409812153

John Calipari would be STUPID not to come to UK. His ceiling at Memphis is nowhere near as high as his ceiling would be at UK. The best coach in Memphis history would barely sniff the top 2 or 3 at UK. Not to mention he will always be looked at as playing in a super soft conference, as bad as the SEC was this year, it will never be as bad as the CUSA. We have one of the best and most passionate fan bases in all of American sports. Not to mention all of the talking heads have talked just as much about the UK hoops job in the past few days as much as they have talked about the NCAA tournament.

Also, this firing was NOT about wins and losses. Read this blog article from someone who is very much inside the program(Matt Jones) http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=16364 .

Billy had Derrick Jasper transfer, told Jodie Meeks not to shoot on several occasions, and even said a player to get off the bus because he wasn't tough enough so he wanted him to walk back to the hotel. Every other player had to threaten to get off the bus in order for him to let the player back on.

Our fans are passionate, and sometimes ridiculous, but this firing was a necessary. If Billy would have stayed, Patterson and Meeks would have went pro, and we would have been much worse this next year.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby AlexR » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Not sometimes, always ridiculous.

Thad Miller? Typical Kentucky fan.

Recruits aren't stupid. They can recognize an unstable program when they see it.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby thelaird » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:16 am

Dan wrote:A facebook group created on March 26th has 5813 members. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=72409812153

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204672500

168,531 members. China would be STUPID not to free Tibet after seeing their overwhelming Facebook support.
thelaird

Postby jeff » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:54 am

Calipari would be a good fit because of his track record and all those douche bag Kentuckians would be tolerant if he didn't have immediate success. Plus, he has worked at high profile schools in the past. I think Izzo would be fine too, though I can't figure out any reason why he'd leave one of the nation's best basketball schools for another, even if it is Kentucky. Donovan has it great at Florida, because no matter how many championships his teams win, it will always be a football school, so a bad year or two is acceptable. Miller, Wright and Dixon aren't ready for Kentucky.

Just my two cents
jeff

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:05 am

jeff wrote:Calipari would be a good fit because of his track record and all those douche bag Kentuckians would be tolerant if he didn't have immediate success. Plus, he has worked at high profile schools in the past. I think Izzo would be fine too, though I can't figure out any reason why he'd leave one of the nation's best basketball schools for another, even if it is Kentucky. Donovan has it great at Florida, because no matter how many championships his teams win, it will always be a football school, so a bad year or two is acceptable. Miller, Wright and Dixon aren't ready for Kentucky.

Just my two cents

That's a pretty fair assessment. I think Calipari would be a GREAT fit. He has an ego big enough to embrace the job and he is an outstanding recruiter. The only issue is that some folks within the organization(including our president) have concerns about recruiting one and done players, and his past(see Marcus Cambi). But people that I have talked to in and around the program are confident that our compliance director will keep him in line.

We shall see...as of right now my list is 1. Calipari, 2. Izzo, and 3. Sean Miller.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:09 am

thelaird wrote:
Dan wrote:A facebook group created on March 26th has 5813 members. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=72409812153

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204672500

168,531 members. China would be STUPID not to free Tibet after seeing their overwhelming Facebook support.

Yeah, because a political group created in September, 2006 is completely relevant to a hire a college basketball coach group created on March 26th. Part of the reason Billy G was fired was that he lost(almost) all fan support, and I know much better than you that this administration will at the very least consider the wishes of the fan base.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby thelaird » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:03 pm

You do realize that there are two sides to this decision, right? I don't see why you take it as a given that Calipari would jump at the chance to leave a top ranked team to coach some NIT scrubs.
thelaird

Postby andrew » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:04 pm

andrew

Postby Zach » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I find it funny that you think Kentucky is still a top 5 program. Kentucky hasn't been a top 5 program since Petino left (or his last recruiting class left).

I actually do think they have a good shot at getting Calipari though and that would be a mistake. He's at a school right now that can get the best recruits because of the system he runs and because of the great recruits he has been getting. That and the pressure to win at Memphis is nowhere near what it is like at Kentucky. A lot of the Kentucky fans would have been upset with how this season ended up for Memphis. The Memphis fan base isn't happy about losing, but they aren't all that mad either. They are mostly grateful for the fact that they've had such a good team lately.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Zach

Next

Return to Other Sports