BCG fired

Due to circumstances beyond his control, this forum is also known as The Snitsky Forum. Discuss sports not covered in other forums such as wrestling, curling, hockey, basketball and more wrestling.

Re: BCG fired

Postby AlexR » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:09 pm

The only thing I have to do is stay black and die.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Did you check that date? He signed March 18th. Everyone already knew he would be gone.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby AlexR » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Dan wrote:

Did you check that date? He signed March 18th. Everyone already knew he would be gone.

What does when he committed have anything to do with anything? You said no one would decommit and you were wrong.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 pm

AlexR wrote:
Dan wrote:

What does when he committed have anything to do with anything? You said no one would decommit and you were wrong.

I would never say that no one would de-commit when a coach changes, there are always lots of players that de-committ because most players go to a school becasue of the coach. Tucker was a Ju-Co guy that would not have even seen the floor, and i wouldn't doubt Coach Cal didn't tell him that. We need Scholly's so that if any of the big 3 wants to come here we can have room for them.

For the record, I said that I was hearing that none of our recruits for this year would de-commit, and the people i heard that from were wrong, as we did have a player withdraw(no, ii am not including Tucker). We figure Coach Cal also told him he wouldn't get much playing time, so that we can get Scholly's just in case.
"They had it before you, they had it during you, and they'll have it when your gone.", Coach Al Mcguire discussing Kentucky Basketball tradition.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby jeff » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:33 pm

I see Miller might be going to Arizona now.
jeff

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Great hire by Memphis, he should keep that team together and they'll be good again in no time. I was super stoked about having him on our staff...oh well!
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby AlexR » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Meeks declares for the draft. He might be back though.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 pm

AlexR wrote:Meeks declares for the draft. He might be back though.

What's the point of posting UK updates? I check UK blogs at least every hour and I get text message alerts whenever anything important happens...

Most of us expected Meeks to declare, he didn't sign with an agent so he can get some good practice in and work with the NBA scouts to see what he anticipates. I would be shocked if he didn't come back, he is being projected as a second round pick.

Patterson is the more tricky issue...I also expect him to declare, but he could sign with an agent and he is being projected as a borderline lottery pick. If I had to say I would say that he will not declare, because he could be great under Cal, and I don't think he would leave without playing in the NCAA tournament. Someone in his family(I think his mom) is having health issues so that could be a reason for him to go pro and make sure she doesn't have to worry about money.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Zach » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Dan wrote:

What's the point of posting UK updates? I check UK blogs at least every hour and I get text message alerts whenever anything important happens...

Most of us expected Meeks to declare, he didn't sign with an agent so he can get some good practice in and work with the NBA scouts to see what he anticipates. I would be shocked if he didn't come back, he is being projected as a second round pick.

Patterson is the more tricky issue...I also expect him to declare, but he could sign with an agent and he is being projected as a borderline lottery pick. If I had to say I would say that he will not declare, because he could be great under Cal, and I don't think he would leave without playing in the NCAA tournament. Someone in his family(I think his mom) is having health issues so that could be a reason for him to go pro and make sure she doesn't have to worry about money.

What's the point of posting anything? Most of us read it elsewhere before ever coming here. Him posting it did get a couple responses which is kind of the point of message boards.
Some people are like slinkies. They may not be good for much, but you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Zach

Postby AlexR » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Dan wrote:

Coach "Cal" was just seen paying a recruit in 100 dollar bills...stay tuned.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:23 am

AlexR wrote:
Dan wrote:

Coach "Cal" was just seen paying a recruit in 100 dollar bills...stay tuned.

Yep, and in other news, Butler is relevant.

Oh wait.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:27 am

in actual news, Evan Daniels of Scout.com is reporting that Demarcus Cousins has committed to Kentucky!! If we can get Wall or Bledsoe, and Meeks or Patterson stay, we will be a top 10 team next year!
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby AlexR » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 am

Dan wrote:
Yep, and in other news, Butler is relevant.

Oh wait.

A team that has been in the top 15 three years running isn't relevant? I'm really starting to doubt your college basketball knowledge.

AlexR
Zamfir of the Skin Flute

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 am

How does making 1 Sweet 16 in the past 3 years make you a top 15 team?
Dan
Snape and Harry die

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:52 pm

This is a crazy day...Cousins in, Orton out, Dennis out at Memphis supposedly interested in UK, Orton not actually out yet.

I know Memphis was supposed to have the best recruiting class ever blah blah but if all of our cards fall into place we could have this class:
1. John Wall
2. DeMarcus Cousins
22. Daniel Orton
32. Jon Hood
47. Nolan Dennis

3 5 stars, 2 4 stars, and add that to Miller, Meeks, and Patterson and that is a ridiculous amount of talent.
Dan
Snape and Harry die

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports